If your husband bought you something for your birthday and you didn't like it what would you do???

Like seriously...my husband bought me something and I don't like it and after 3 years you'd think he'd know me...he's really upset with me that I don't like it. I told him thank you and that I appreciated it...but he should have known not to get it for me...so now he's mad...was I wrong? what would you do? If it made him that upset I'm considering just keeping the dang thing just to make him happy.

britni11

Asked by britni11 at 1:19 AM on Apr. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• do you mind me asking what it is? b/c for me it would depend on what it is that he gave me and the cost and the effort he put into it. if he really did try than i would keep it b/c he put his heart in it. and the fact that he is upset probably means he really tried. i honestly wouldn't have told him i didn't like it unless it was something awful
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 1:23 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I SAY THANK YOU AND PUT IT UP. AND USE IT ONCE EVERY BLUE MOON OR WEAR IT WHEN I WONT BE SEEN MUCH HAHAHAHA
    forgivingmom

Answer by forgivingmom at 1:24 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Do tell! what was it?
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 1:24 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• all i have to say is at least he got u something my never get me anything

evelyn334

Answer by evelyn334 at 1:25 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• i'm with evelyn334. i would be appreciative
    Mommy2Mariah

Answer by Mommy2Mariah at 1:28 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Yeah I think you should just appreciate it. But I agree with vabchmommy too.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 1:29 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Well I just had a baby almost 8 mos ago and although I have lost the baby fat I still have a long way to go until i'm happy with my body. I have stretch marks on my legs, my boobs are huge and i'm casper ghost white and he bought me a spaghetti strap sun dress to wear out on my birthday dinner. I feel way to fat and it reminds me of being pregnant again it looks so horrible! not to mention my saggy breastfeeding boobs and my bra straps that would also be showing because I can't not wear a bra and strapless don't hold up anything. So yeah...I would have much rather had a card than to see him waste money on a dress that will make me feel so uncomfortable to wear.
    britni11

Answer by britni11 at 1:36 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I couldn't lie and say I loved it because I will probably never wear that thing! and he was wanting me to on saturday. I dunno maybe i'm just an ungrateful witch...but it doesn't take a lot to make me happy. I just feel bad that it caused this huge stupid fight! he also bought me a shirt that shows my fat rolls and I'll never wear that either. He should know the kind of clothes I wear and I told him before never to buy me clothes from that store because I was to big for the clothes in it!
    britni11

Answer by britni11 at 1:41 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Oh I see. Why not wear the sundress with a cute jean jacket or something similar? I dont know...I think you got mad at yourself and took it out on him. I think you owe him a huge apology. he thinks your fine and sexy enough to wear it and you punished for that.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 1:45 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• (punished HIM for that.)
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 1:46 AM on Apr. 17, 2009