potty training a 22month old

my daughter needs to b potty trained she hot blooded and gets really warm "down there" from the daipers and the pull ups i tryed the pull ups thing for a while but it didnt work she just went in them i tried the undies thing the other day and she just went in them as well i thought shed do ok with that cuz she gets sooo upset if she pees thru at nap time but she didnt and she will only tell me she has to go potty after she already has ive tried just taking her in and putting her there every now and then shell go and i give her lots of praise and most of the time she doesnt shell sit there for a min say wipe all done and say off or down wat else can i do i have to fight her everytime to change her daiper or pullup and if i ask if she has to go shell of course say no any ideas? help !!

cocobutt2002

Asked by cocobutt2002 at 1:23 AM on Apr. 17, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• sounds like she isnt ready and kids always want to do the opposite of which you want
    emleejane

Answer by emleejane at 1:27 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Try sticker charts, for my son everytime he went potty he got a sticker on a chart on the bathroom door...he loved picking them out and putting them on there. I also took im potty every 30-45 min. she is still pretty young..it could take a little while, don't give up one day she will just decide she wants to go and it all goes pretty fast from there
    tlmoss1986

Answer by tlmoss1986 at 1:32 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• my daughter is hard headed too...heres what ive been doing...
    sit her on the toilet before bed...run the water, it helps her go...
    if she wakes up dry in the morning, sit her on the potty again... then let her pick the underwear that she WANTS to wear...if u make it clear to her that she can only wear those if she chooses to be a big girl, then she has a better chance of being reluctant to peeong in them...
    i let my lil girl wear reg. underwear...with tinkerbell on them...i sit her on th toilet after everytime she drinks, and once every hour to half hour...try it, it helps...even if she don't go...it gets her use to the idea!!! GOOD-LUCK!!! don't give up hope...this really works!
    melissacoulter

Answer by melissacoulter at 5:56 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• oh...and take her before bed time as well...let her wear a diaper or pull ups to bed and at nap time!
    melissacoulter

Answer by melissacoulter at 5:58 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Take a look at the Potty Training Moms support group on CM. THere's a permanent post there on the 3-day method that worked great for my daughter at 19 months. Pull-ups are confusing and counterproductive. You're on the right track with the underwear. But check out this method, it's not gimicky like it sounds. Lots of success stories. My daughter didn't show most of the "readiness" signs but did beautifully.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 11:06 AM on Apr. 17, 2009