(reworded)-If you have hemroids during your pregnancy what is the chance of pushing more of your intestines out? How do they fix it, or do you have trouble w/ them for the rest of your life?

I know during labor plenty ppl poop on the table while pushing,, thats not what im talking about. My aunt pushed (according to her, may or may not be true) part of her intestines and her kidneys or bladder out, she said labor was pure hell. she could have just been trying to scare me though.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:33 AM on Apr. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• WHOA omg i have never heard of that happening and i think she was making it up..... ask your doctor if its possible but i really really really dont see it happening
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 1:37 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Dang... gotta re-type this again, lol.

Your hemorrhoids will probably be worse after the delivery from the pressure exerted in that general area. But it should return to normal with the following 6 weeks postpartum. Some take a little longer and you can be prescribed some meds to help them along (I had those, not bad). And a small few get them permanently and have to have a small surgery to correct them.

You can help yourself avoid getting them too bad during the delivery process by not pushing so hard. You don't need to exert yourself anyway... Your body does most of the work (the uterus truly is an amazing organ). So if you just let your body do it's job and get the baby out in a non-hurried way, then your chances of the hemorrhoids being irritated even more are MUCH less.

Hope that helps answer your question :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:39 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• p.s. I don't know what the heck your aunt was talking about... worse hemorrhoids that can be quite big... Yes. Intestines coming out? Nah. Definitely not the kidney & bladder part :O What the hell did her doc do to her?? lamo
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:40 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Damn typos... LMAO***
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:41 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Hemmorhoids are common during pregnancy and after. It is actually a swollen blood vessel, not your intestine. I think it is rare to push your intestine out! If even possible! Unless she had a c-section, she could not have pushed her kidneys out! Out of where? Her urethra- the size smaller than a straw? I guess to push the kidneys through the bladder, the ureters, and out the urethra, it would hurt! But, not possible. And, yes, the bladder may drop for some women. Surgery can correct this if needed. But, surgery for this after pregnancy is not as common as not. If hemmorhoids are bad enough, you can also have surgery to fix that. Sounds to me that your Aunt was overexaggerating, or had some serious complications not a normal birth!
    Nightowl-Momma

Answer by Nightowl-Momma at 1:41 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• lol thank you for answering and for all those of you who had to "type all that again".
    MalakiahsMommy

Answer by MalakiahsMommy at 2:01 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• My docter told me that everything drops after you have children but your insides dont actually come out. LOL sounds like she was being a pain in the ass trying to scare you. They have corrective surgeries you can get after you are all done and through having children if you are worried about it.
    faithsMoM27

Answer by faithsMoM27 at 2:31 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• lol I am cracking up. What happend after? Did she do kegels and it went back up? lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:24 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• if she pusehd out her intsting thats not hemorrhoids. hemorrhoids are the inflammation of the blodwessels around your anus. pusing out the intestines i cant remember whats calledbut it's dangerous because you canstrangle the intestine and is a totally different condition. i worked in a nursing home where we took a lady tot he hospital because she used the bathroom to go BM and part of her intestine came out. her pelvic floor was weak and well she was 93 years old
    ssnelson26

Answer by ssnelson26 at 9:12 AM on Apr. 18, 2009