celexa?

My dr. put me on celexa for ppd and i was wondering if any of you take it or know anyone who has took it? I am so afraid to take meds because im afraid that the dr. may miss diagonse me and taking the meds will mess me up? am i wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:35 AM on Apr. 17, 2009 in Health

• I have taken cylexa. I did really well on it and plan to get back on it after my 3rd little one is born. I only had a couple side affects that I didnt like, but the benefits of it are worth it. I understand the stigma of being on medication, it has been what has kept me off of anti depressants for so long. I have come to the conclusion though, that I need to be the best me I can be in order to be the mom my kids deserve, if that means I need a little chemical help then so be it. For PPD, you wont have to use it for the rest of your life. Just make sure you also go to counseling or to a support group and DO NOT stop taking it when you feel better.....leave that up to your doctor!!
    vivianasmom

Answer by vivianasmom at 1:54 AM on Apr. 17, 2009