Should I do it?, have you done it?

Hi, I have a small dilema, I will have company soon this weekend but I have a lot of work to get done like cleaning the guesstroom and the rest of the house. I don't get to clean as much as I was able to back before children, I have a 2 and a 3 y'r old that keep me busy chasing after them, so my question is if I drink a "energy" drink after 6pm will it keep me up all night? will I get any sleep at all? I figure I can get more done when they afre a sleep b/c I can't do much bit the basic lite/basic cleanig when they are awake... Would you do it?, have you done it?, and if so what is your experience? sorry bad grammar, English is not my mother launguage.
I have hired help but it just doesn't seem to work at least yet, havent found the right person...

Sincitymamy

Asked by Sincitymamy at 1:40 AM on Apr. 17, 2009 in General Parenting

• Well, I have done it. I just haven't done it with my son since he has been 2-4 months old(when he was still sleeping a lot). Yes, it will keep you awake for a few more hours than you are used to depending on which "energy" drink you have; if your body isn't used to it especially. I have been addicted to Rockstar and Red Bull since I was like 19. And now that I have had those so frequently(well- since I've stopped breastfeeding and given birth and all that!) My body is well adjusted to it and can go to sleep if I had 1 or 2 a few hours before my well adjusted bed time. IF your body is NOT adjusted to it, then YES you will stay up past your normal bed time and be WIDE AWAKE! LOL! :D If you haven't had an energy drink "habitually" you will be hyper and want to get things done! Just remember! Energy drinks are REALLY bad for your liver and nervous system! That's why I had to cut down. :/
    ReginaGallo

Answer by ReginaGallo at 1:56 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Drink a 5 hour energy shot and you will stay awake, I like them better then other energy drinks.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 8:38 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• If you have a regular energy drink about 6 PM you will be awake till about 11 PM. Remember, you don't have to drink it ALL!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:13 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I've read that you should stop caffeine after 2pm so you'll be able to sleep at night. Not sure if the drink you're talking about has caffeine or not, but it can last in your system a long time.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:04 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Thank you mommies for the advise, I wiil consider all!
    Tonight is the nicht! I;m drinking have of a Monster energy drink so when the toddlers go to sleep finally I can get something cleaning done and maybe just maybe my hubby will get some attention in a sexy way too lol, lol .. Thanks girls..
    Sincitymamy

Answer by Sincitymamy at 11:27 PM on Apr. 18, 2009