I'm single, and so restless from being by myself all day every day!

I'm 18, single, and I have basically no friends. My baby is only comfortable with me, i've only left her four times(she's one), we breastfeed and co-sleep, so I dont have many options as far as "going out".

I'm so lonely, having no friends. I dont talk to anyone, and days like today at the end of the day when I havent seen or talked to anyone besides my one year old daughter I feel like i'm the only person who exists on this planet. I feel so restless! I dont know what to do with myself. I stand up, walk into the kitchen, drink some water, surf the internet, pet the dog, sit back down, rest my chin on my hand, stare at the wall, and then I just wonder what the heck can I even do with myself when there's noone? Noone at all, it's just me. I seriously feel like a nut-case tonight. I dont know what's wrong with me, but I just want someone to socialize with, I could seriously go crazy from being socially deprived.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:48 AM on Apr. 17, 2009 in General Parenting

• Anyways, this is the only place I can post as anonymous.. and I dont really want this associated with my name or else people will think i'm crazy...... but I guess I just want some comfort. I'm tired of being so alone.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:49 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Lol, I get you! I'm a SAHM and my hubby takes our only car for work so I feel like that ALOT. Do you go to church? Have you thought about getting involved in an organization. There are some volunteer work you can even with your little one. Go to the parks and talk to other mom's. They are all there to get out of the house, especially in the middle of the day. You need a way to get out and meet people or you'll go crazy for real.
    What city are you in?
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 1:52 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• sweetie, i have two kids a boyfriend and a job and I ALWAYS feel alone! He works days so im here with the kids all day and at work I dont make friends I just do my job and come home to sit on cafemom.com Im so loanly too trust me ur not alone!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:54 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• answer 1:54 It gets better trust me! lol! have you thought about getting a job?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:55 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Also have you considered pumping your milk and getting your 1 year old used to a sippy cup? I'm not against exclusively breastfeeding but since I do it too, I know how frustrating that can be. My dd is currently taking milk out of a sippy cup and she's only 6 months. She won't be comforted by anyone but me yet but guess what...eventually they have to just tough it out. They will learn to be comfortable around others.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 1:58 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Try going to meetup.com and looking for other moms in your area with small kids. They have all kinds of activities on meetup. com for all kinds of people. My best friend moved to TX about a year ago, and did that a few weeks after moving (she didn't know a single person there) and has met some really cool people through a playdate group.

Try it, and see.
    Guinhyvar

Answer by Guinhyvar at 2:07 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Well, now that spring is here, go to the parks with her and play play play! I found my son is great at getting me to meet new people. I'm not in a situation even close to yours, but the only way to get out and meet new people is to GET OUT and meet new people. Let your daughter see the great outdoors and find you some new friends...follow her lead and learn to live in the here and now, patiently waiting for the next exciting thing to chase after. Now that she's one, chasing will hopefully follow soon. Check out some mom groups in your area...go to the library, they'll have story times or local community resources. The reality is you're not alone...it sounds like you're just not looking around to see who else is in the boat with you.
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 10:07 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• You need to make time for yourself, for adult interaction. Start leaving your daughter with people that you trust (family or friends), start with an hour and then work your way up to a few hours. It will not hurt her to be around other people. You will find that you are more relaxed and a better parent when you have time to be YOU and not a mommy. You can take college classes and not only get adult interaction but you can get an education too. That will benefit your child because you can show her that an education is important, that it is good to benefit yourself and your family. Go for walks, to the park, meet other mommy's. Bring her to storytime at the library, etc.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:25 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Walk, walk, walk, walk, walk....get outside...see whoelse is at home. Got an older neighbour? Go hang out with them. Sit outside on the poarch and wave at ppl. And you can leave your kid, though I hardly ever do, Just tell kiddo, mommy will be right back, kiddo will cry but eventually they will stop and it will get easier.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 12:43 AM on Apr. 18, 2009