Little dose of Karma maybe? Gosh, it's been a big day!

I posted earlier about my landlord and all the s#it she's been giving us. You'd have to look up "More Landlord Trouble" to see all the crap from today.

Well, get this, we've been steady looking for another place, in a neighborhood more appropriate to our standards. And I do mean looking (we only took this house because there literally were NONE to be had when we moved here 6 months ago - it was that or live with Maamaw - no thanks)

After all that's happened today, I check my email tonight and guess what?? We got an email from our realtor this evening that we got the house we were looking at!!!!! So, after all the crap from today and the last 6 months, I sent her a text "We're moving. Find someone else to pay rent in May". she texts me back "you can't give me 15 days notice".... SO, I forwarded a text conversation between she and I dated March 17 where I told her we would be moving the end of Apr.

Karma??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:15 AM on Apr. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• In that case you dont have to even give her 15 days notice you can pack the rst of your stuff and say goodbye and ask her where on the "contract" it says she needs 30 days.... she doesnt have a contract she doesnt have SHIT... yay you!
    kristalee83

Answer by kristalee83 at 3:41 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I don't think a text message counts for written notice. You need to give your notice in letter form
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:24 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Oh well if u arnt in a lease then screw her!! Im so happy for you!! I hate when people have to go and rain on ur parade!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:26 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• OP here. We do not have a lease. She would never give us a lease. So there is no contract.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:30 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Anon :26...intelligent much? I was raining on her parade? I was trying to help by making sure she covered her butt...thanks though
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:38 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Contract or not, you need to check your state laws. Most require that you provide 30 days written notice or you can be taken to court to pay the rest of the 15 days you do not intend to pay.
    I don't want to rain on your parade, but sometimes the laws suck when you have a bad landlord and they will win when the law is on their side.
    Check your state laws to be sure you won't be dragged to court later on. ♥
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:31 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• PrydferthMenyw, we're paid in full for the entire month of April. Our rent is from April 6 - May6. (Our market is crazy and we actually have a rental property shortage at the moment), she'll have it rented before we move out most likely, and then she'll have double rent for the first week in May... so I don't think the heifer is going to get the short end of the stick. And after she sent two men to my house to do an estimate on the roof at 9:30 PM last night, who got the cops called on them (police report was taken and they presented the cops with proof that she told them to come - without telling me), then she entered my home this morning (unannounced) and my son called to cops on her - another police report was taken this morning - and the cops told her that she has to give notice before entering any property she's renting out - her house or not) I think I'm getting this one sewn up.... Thanks to all of you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:12 AM on Apr. 18, 2009