Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do I get assistance with rent and utilities as a single mother of two boys?

I need assistance badly with rent and utilities. Doesa anyone have any help that they know of I can get?

Answer Question

Asked by sunary37 at 2:28 AM on Apr. 17, 2009 in Money & Work

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (6)
  • Go to the welfare office and apply. THERE IS NO SHAME in asking for help, especially when there are children involved.

    Answer by GmaPam7257 at 2:30 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

  • try ur local jobs and family services. or a church.

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:31 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

  • The wellfare office usually has a number to the utility companies in the area and there is a number to call for assistance with utilities. That I think is separate from housing assistance. Everything should be at the wellfare office

    Answer by Mom2Rylin at 2:39 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

  • Job hotline and local churches

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:50 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

  • If you have a job,ask if you can put in some extra hours.If not, a church or place like ywca or women shelters may have numbers of places to help. Good luck = )

    Answer by sweetest-sin7 at 5:19 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

  • Try googling it in your area. I know in Charlotte, NC my sister in law got help with her utilities (they paid her power bill) just by calling a certain number and asking.

    Answer by Stormywaters03 at 3:43 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.