What do you do when you get so mad you just want revenge?

When I'm really, really, really mad I think pretty juvenile thoughts sometimes... like "that's okay, you'll be crying like a scared pig when I blah, blah, blah", or something really stupid like "yeah, well let's see how far your car goes after I blah, blah"...

Of course I NEVER do anything..... but sometimes I get so sick of being nice or always choosing to take the "high road". Sometimes I just want to say to hell with the high road and pull a complete and excruciating payback on some one.

Ever feel like that, even if you don't or won't ever do it?? What was the last thing that made you mad enough to almost loose your maturity and good sense?

PaceMyself

Asked by PaceMyself at 2:41 AM on Apr. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I get angry and offended quite a bit - probably too easily, too. Let me think.....I believe the last time I was at my angriest was when my 20 year old daughter turned down a $600 a week job offer (a really nice job, too!) just because she didn't "feel like taking it." We told her to have a job by the end of the month but she's taking the lazy way and procrastinating and it is making my blood boil. So many people can't get jobs and she has turned two down this month! I am very angry at her.

But what I do is turn to God and ask for forgiveness for my anger and ask Him for control. I always ask for His intervention and guidance in her life, but I don't think she will let Him in.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:26 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• When I get really pissed at someone, I think of the worst possible thing I could say to that person. Something that would completely crush their psyche...like with my mother, I think of every possible way I could upset her over her inability to bear children. Mwa ha ha.
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 2:46 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Lets just say when I get that mad, I have a very rich fantasy life LOL! I am mature enough and, because of my faith (Christian), I know I shouldn't act on these things, and I don't. However, I freely admit I'm not so mature, or so far on my spiritual walk that I don't fantasize about doing or saying something horrible to them, and wishing that I could make them sorry!

Then, after that, as much as I can (and some things are easier for me to do this over than others), I try to let it go and move past it. Whether that's with that person who did whatever in my life or not depends on what they did.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 3:36 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• to clarify - when I say if they're in my life or not, I mean things like this - someone says something that makes me mad, then I try to let it go. But someone does something to hurt my family, or is a "toxic person", and I have lots of problems with them, then I will step back from my friendship with them rather than expose my family to a relationship that's not healthy.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 3:39 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• every time I'm around my oldest SIL.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:20 AM on Apr. 17, 2009