Does anyone elses randomly baby do this?

Ahhh I'm about to go crazy! My 8 month old woke up an hour ago to eat. She normally wakes up 1 or 2 times a night. But, she usually falls right back asleep. But, now she's wide awake! I want to be sleeping!!!! Ha ha anyone else's babies ever randomly do this?

ABPeterson

Asked by ABPeterson at 2:46 AM on Apr. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Oh yeah thats completely normal. My daughter had colic and I only slept 2 hours a day so be lucky It's not any worse. If you are breastfeeding still then maybe It's the milk that not fulfilling her hunger. You should talk to your docter and find out whats formula would be best. I had to use nutramigen it is a heavier formula that keeps there tummy fuller longer with less gas. Gl
    faithsMoM27

Answer by faithsMoM27 at 3:04 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• If you're breastfeeding, your daughter does not need formula. She may just be teething or having a growth spurt, both of which can cause some night wakefulness. I would just keep the lights off, feed her and go back to bed. She should eventually do the same.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 11:08 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• lol, yes, my DD did that to me this morning, and she is 15 months... out the blue she decided, I want to wake up at 5am this morning rather than 8 am (like she normally does).... I wasn't happy about it, lol. But nothing you can do about it, but start the coffee pot up and start downing it, (for you, not the baby, lol).
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:40 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• My son did this to me .He was about 9 months old He would get up every night and want to take a bottle then play . I asked my doctor about this because none of my other 3 did this. He said the first few times go to him and tell him he will be alright and it was time to go to sleep not play or have a bottle. He said at this age they don't need to eat at night . And it's not good for there new teeth either for milk to set there all night long. To just let him cry it out .Well at first iy was hard but after about 3 or 4 nights he was fine slept throught the night everysents then . So you could ask you dr. and see what they say too. GOOD LUCK : )
    MOM04LIFE

Answer by MOM04LIFE at 5:12 PM on Apr. 17, 2009