adoption

I wanted to know how long some kids are in the foster/adoption system for? and what happens when they hit adulthood and are still there do they get jobs do they have any support? Are foster families better than what they were concieved to be 10yrs ago??? My sister was abused by hers thats why I ask the last question

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:46 AM on Apr. 17, 2009 in Adoption

• The "system" is never easy for anyone.
    .Karma.Gnome.

Answer by .Karma.Gnome. at 3:08 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• The kids just drop out of the system. Why not ask what it feels like watching all those wanting and looking for newborns to adopt as they pass over them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:02 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• thanks for your honesty I always thought that children deserve better than being "looked over"
    KidsDesrveFamly

Answer by KidsDesrveFamly at 2:01 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I can't imagine what it does to those poor children knowing 'they want newborns' not me. And the adoption industry needs to be held accountable for the way 'they' treat these children instead of catering to the wants for newborns, even when newborns aren't available. Yet just as disgusting was someone into newborns who sees 'THOSE' foster children should be adopted people who aren't looking to adopt . What all this must do to these poor children, is shameful, unnecessarily shameful.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:31 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• correction:
    I can't imagine what it does to those poor children knowing 'they want newborns not me'. And the adoption industry needs to be held accountable for the way 'they' treat these children instead of catering to the wants for newborns, even when newborns aren't available. Yet just as disgusting was someone into newborns who sees 'THOSE' foster children should be adopted by people who aren't looking to adopt . What all this must do to these poor children, is shameful, unnecessarily shameful.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:37 AM on Apr. 18, 2009