I wasn't on here during the election so i just wanted to ask what did everyone think of Sarah Palin?

my mil and i were talking yesterday and she kept talking about how great palin is and it made me want to puke! I haven't been on here very long I think I started my acc a month or so ago so i probably missed a ton so I wanted to ask what everyone thinks of her....I don't have many "girl" friends I mostly hang out with men so I wanted to hear from some woman. PLEASE try to keep this NICE and RESPECTFUL!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:49 AM on Apr. 17, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• i couldn't stand her! i felt like she used her looks and flirted all the time. which is fine as a woman, but not as vice president of the country. i felt that she had more of a soccer mom mentality than someone i want running the country. and mccain isn't exactly a spring chic so it was a very real possibility that she would have to step into that job, she is actually one of the reasons i got turned off of mccain, not the main one, but one of them
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 2:52 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• op here- just wanted to add that the reason i felt like throwing up was because of my mil not because of palin...I think i phrased it wrong in the original post!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:55 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I never got the impression that she flirted, as she was always talking about how great her husband is. But I have met her, and she is a very down to earth woman with ambition. I don't think she is qualified for vp in my opinion, but she is a pretty cool lady otherwise. I'd rather be her friend than have her running the country thats for sure
    Mom2Rylin

Answer by Mom2Rylin at 2:56 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• She's stupid. She allowed her daughter to have sex under her roof. She lied. She tried to get by with charging Alaska for her kids going on "business trips"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:57 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• She didnt allow it, do you really think she gave them the go ahead? She made a mistake by letting her daughters boyfriend stay there, but we all make mistakes as parents. Where did you get your fact about her charging Alaskans for her kids going on business trips?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:00 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Where did you get your fact about her charging Alaskans for her kids going on business trips?

that is true!!! here is a link http://voices.washingtonpost.com/washingtonpostinvestigations/2008/09/palin_per_diem_travel_expenses.html
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:03 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• it wasn't so much blunt flat out flirting it was the winks and giggles and eye lash batting, it just made me feel that she wasn't ready for the job. maybe in a few years, but not last year.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 3:04 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Yes she did ALLOW it. She ALLOWED him to live there. She's stupid...duh. What did she think would happen. Did she make sure her daughter was protected? Nope. She has bashed the dad publically. Google "alaska paid for palin's kids' travel" and look it up yourself...you'll see lots of news articles
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:05 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• After she started to run she ordered changes be made to her expense reports to try to hide it. Good woman right there.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:06 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Palin reimbursed the state for all the plane tickets bought. Its funny how every little detail gets pointed out about her, but everyone knows that politcs are dirty and so is everyone in involved.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:13 AM on Apr. 17, 2009