Anyone know of a cure to halitosis?

I suffer from chronic halitosis despite my good oral hygiene. It's very embarrassing and I often have to avoid having conversations. Any advice is appreciated. TY

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:35 AM on Apr. 17, 2009 in Health

• i would just go to my dentist...they have the fixes there...or u can just chew gum...lol
    melissacoulter

Answer by melissacoulter at 5:50 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• OP here. I once spent over $500 at a dentist and it still doesn't work. I feel chewing gum makes it worse.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:24 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I'm a dental hygienist. It sounds as if you are taking care of your oral health so we can eliminate that. Sometimes sinus problems or your tonsils care harbour bacteria that causes bad breath. You may want to consider a consultation with an ear, nose, and throat specialist. Also, are you brushing your tongue?
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 7:04 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• op here. Thank you PrttyMstng for your suggestion to consult ENT specialist. I think I'll do that.
    I don't brush but I scrape my tongue. Again TY for your advice.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:25 AM on Apr. 18, 2009