This aweful pain...

Is a little foot wedged under my ribs....is there any way to get this stubborn little girl to move? I'm seeing a lot of her father in her already and she's not due until July! But she keeps a foot right under the first two ribs on my right side and it feels like they're going to break! My mom tells me that the only way she could get my sister to move was to lay down a certain way, but this stubborn child just won't do it, I've tried rubbing my belly to get her to move, I've tried eating something sweet, all it gets me is another kick. Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled she's so healthy, but this hurts, I have no idea how to make it the next three months with a foot in my rib.....does anyone know how to shift a stubborn baby? At this point I would be happy if she just kicked something on the left side for once, lol.

heratyc

Asked by heratyc at 6:27 AM on Apr. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You can have someone help you push her. Its more like a deep massage feeling than actually pushing. Although you said that you've tried rubbing your belly, you really have to push hard. You can also try putting a flash light directly on your skin on the left side, she will and can see it and should be interested enough to kick at it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:31 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• That actually sounds really cool, I have to find a flashlight now, lol.
    heratyc

Answer by heratyc at 6:37 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I learned that in Lamaze class. Its really neat when you are in the last months and you do it because you sometimes can actually see the outline of their foot or hand.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:40 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I can't wait to see that! She's already a little ninja so I'm really looking forward to actually seeing the outline of the little foot that has been bruising ribs I forgot I had :)
    heratyc

Answer by heratyc at 6:41 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• when i was prego with my first she pushed both of those lil feet up in my ribs...and it hurt like u know what...wnen she did this i took a nice warm bath...it was like she was swimmin in my belly...it def. made her move.
    melissacoulter

Answer by melissacoulter at 7:47 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• This may sound strange if you're not on the crunchy side, but I did hypnobirthing with my last two pregnancies, and they advocate talking to your baby inutero - either out loud or in your mind - doesn't matter. Anyway, get in a quiet place, calm yourself, take some big deep breaths and let them out slowly and then connect with your little one and say whatever you want - ask her to move, to go head down when the time is right, to not get tangled in her cord, to help you with a quick and easy birth - and to sleep through the night when she's out LOL!!! Good luck!
    used2chaos

Answer by used2chaos at 8:32 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Oh man I can not imagine that pain. I would suggest asking your doctor or midwife to assist in moving her or massage your tummy until she gets anoyed with it and moves on her own...

Used2chaos- Hypnobirthing seems very interesting... I never even heard of it!
    BriHan06

Answer by BriHan06 at 9:19 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• A WHILE AGO MY BABY WAS LAYING IN MY BACK.. AND THE DOCTOR SAID TO EAT SOMETHING SWEET AND LAY DOWN ON A HEATING PAD FOR ABOUT 5- 10 MINS HE''LL MOVE.. HE DID AND HASNT GONE BACK.. THANK GOD HE WAS KICKING ME IN MY BACK .. IM DUE NEXT SATURDAY.. APRIL 25TH.. GOOD LUCK
    1sttymmom409

Answer by 1sttymmom409 at 9:27 AM on Apr. 17, 2009