can a friend be truly jealous of you?

i have a good friend that i feel is jealous of me to the point where she is not even speaking to me anymore. she wont go shopping with me etc....but what i dont understand is she knows how hard i had it and my life is finally really falling into place.(kids, husband, sthmom, college student.)everyone has different lives her life is not mine and my life is not hers.i guess i anwsered my own ques. she is not a true friend then.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:18 AM on Apr. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• A true friend will stick by your side through every aspect of your life whether it is bad or great. maybe one day she'll come around..maybe not. You still have your family. don't worry about. you'll have other friends.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:21 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Hell ya and your family could be too.
    Mz.PhatPhat

Answer by Mz.PhatPhat at 8:25 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Friend are like relation ships they have there up and downs .Let cool off if that i what she feels like now she will come around eventually then she will think she was silly for acting that .Its like being sisters you fight one day you make up the next
    hush84

Answer by hush84 at 8:33 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I disagree. It's not that she's not a true friend. It's that she's accustomed to you not having your life in order. She probably looked as though she did while you were finding your way and now you have surpassed her and she's feeling dislodged from her role. She's human. Let her deal with her issues and all will be well. Just enjoy your life and good for you to have come such a long way in life. It sounds like it was a hard road to go to get there but you did it!

Answer by admckenzie at 9:35 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Friends can be jealous, so can family members. It doesn't mean they aren't real friends or that they don't love and care for you. Jealousy usually comes from our own insecurities. Maybe she feels things in her life aren't where she wants them to be and she realizes yours are. Maybe she feels like you are rubbing things in her face and that is why she isn't talking to you. I would bet there is something you said or did that upset her. Talk to her and ask her what's going on and that you really want to fix things between you guys. She may not even be jealous of anything. Who knows unless you talk to her?
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 10:20 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Well everyone is jealous at some point in their life. Even if it's like omg I love her hair I'm soo jealous, jealously isn't always negative. But how can you be sure that she is jealous of you? Maybe there are deeper issues and that's why she has stopped talking to you. Try showing up to her house and see where it goes from there.

cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 10:37 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• dont take it to heart. sometimes friends are just jealous! inside i'm sure she's happy for you, and wishes her life was settling down and falling into place like yours is. and sometimes the way people express that is oddly through jealousy due to mixed feelings. she'll get over it soon, and dont overwhelm yourself trying to contact her and all, maybe she needs some space and will realize you'll still be there for her
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 10:51 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• She probably is dealing with some things of her own, whether she has said anything to you or not about what it is. I think we all can be jealous at some point in our relationships. She probably is still a True Friend, time will tell. Try to encourage her.
    meb3

Answer by meb3 at 11:14 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• A true friend would never be jealous of you to that extent, she would be happy for you
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 11:18 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• i tried to call she wont anwser i tried to text her she sends me these smart a@# short comments so forget it i am not going to chase her that is the type of person she is.i dont apologize that my life is finally where it needs to be she had all the opportunties to achieve any goal. if she would leave these married men alone maybe she would find somebody(ecuse me i am just venting!)thank you all for the advice....shes lost out not me
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:21 AM on Apr. 19, 2009