For moms who do NOT vaccinate-- I'm wondering if any of you have ever regretted it... i.e. did your child ever come down with an illness (meningitis, whooping cough, measles. etc?) I haven't vaccinated my girls, ages 1, 2, and 3, (I had grand mal seizures from vaccines when I was 15 years old and we have a lot of weird family history) but I constantly worry about the repocussions.

nevaehjoy

Asked by nevaehjoy at 8:19 AM on Apr. 17, 2009 in Health

• Nobody wants to get into the"vaccinate or no vaccinate debate" right now. Sorry
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:26 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• What some moms don't realize is that in most cases it is not the vaccine that is causing the problems that people are having. like autism, it is not the vaccine. the children already had the gene that caused the disease. people have to stop blaming the vaccines. moms have to understand that not getting them vaccinated is more dangerous. they were invented for a reason. to keep our children healthy and safe. something parents couldn't do back in the old days with polio and measles, etc. Seizures are a result from a misfunction in your brain. my mom used to have seizures when she was a teenager and then again when she was in her 30's. In some cases if your child is really sick and has to go to er, some physicians call cps because they feel that it is child neglect/abuse for not having your children vaccinated. it is better in my opinion to have your children vaccinated.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:27 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Its OK to be worried those are options but i allways suggest them .There an ingredient in the shots that people are alergic to and sometimes dont know thus having consequences to getting shots tell the pediatric and have the kids get an alergy test specifing that .good luck .I allways have consequences when i get shots but i work at a hospital so i suck it up because i still find that the risks are worth taking .
    hush84

Answer by hush84 at 8:30 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Very well said hush84
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:34 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• My parents chose not to vaccinate me, or my other 4 siblings - and all of us are happy with their decision.
    We are all adults now.

I've had whooping cough, so has my brother - it lasted about a week and was more annoying than anything, it was fine.

I've also had the flu, measles, chicken pox, german measles - and my body fought them all off quickly.

I have an 18 month old who I will not vaccinate, and I'm not in the least bit unsure about my decision - I am very secure that I made the best choice.
    ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 8:50 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I will never EVER give another vaccine to ANYONE in my family!!! Vaccines are WAAAAAAAAAAAAY more deadly than the diseases they are supposed to prevent.

Most people won't smoke around their children, but there is 10 times more arsenic in one single vaccine given to a 2 month old baby than there is in an entire CARTON of cigarettes! THAT is DUMB and I for one will NOT inject poison into myself or my children and you shouldn't either!

I have never regretted my decision to not vax again. CPS, DHS, and the police all know I don't and won't vax and no one has ever said anything to me about it. My only regret is that I did vax before I learned the truth 5 yrs ago. My kids have never had anything since - not even a cold.
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 9:26 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I vaccinated my oldest until he was about a year and a half and he had a bad reaction to the MMR... his blood platlets dropped way to low and he had to be hospitalized for that.

Since then we don't vaccinate.

My mom who used to be a pediatric nurse during the 70's said when they started vax'ing they had lots of children dye because of the vax's. She advised me not to vaccinate because of what she had seen. My Sil who is currently a a pediatric nurse says lots of kids become sick or die still because of vaccines although most of what she's seen goes "unreported".

After what has happened to me and their two witnessing of what happens i refuse to vaccinate anymore. Not to mention just reading the side effects of the vaccines alone on the little papers that comes with the vaccine med's is scary enough.
    timandisaacsmom

Answer by timandisaacsmom at 9:38 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• oh..sorry back to your question though.. my two children who have never had vaccines are healthier than the one who has received vaccines. He always catches colds and little things like that vs my other two who usually don't catch stuff...not to mention if they all are sick.. he's the one who takes longer to get over being sick than the others as well.
    timandisaacsmom

Answer by timandisaacsmom at 9:40 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Babylove, I wonder if you've ever seen the effects of the diseases that you don't believe are deadly? I would guess no...

Why don't you go to Africa where most children aren't vaccinated because they don't have the money or access to the vaccinations...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:53 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• "Babylove, I wonder if you've ever seen the effects of the diseases that you don't believe are deadly? I would guess no...Why don't you go to Africa where most children aren't vaccinated because they don't have the money or access to the vaccinations..."

The sanitation conditions here in the US are very different than those in Africa. It has nothing to do with whether or not they are vaxxed. I don't understand why people can't wrap their head around the fact that #1, you have to have sanitation and #2, vaccines are full of poisons. WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO INJECT YOUR CHILD WITH POISON? Here, honey. Have some rat poison.....good grief!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 10:12 AM on Apr. 17, 2009