Husband of Democratic Congresswoman, pleads guilty of swindling nine financial institutions of at least $2.3 million while he ran a public interest group in the 1990s.

This is one example of the type of shabby behavior that was protested at the rally's on Wednesday. People are tired of people connected with the political system being CORRUPT
Those who were against Wednesdays Rallys.Are you ok with this behavior? If not, and you don't agree with tea parties~WHAT are you doing to demand BETTER from your lawmakers? Please share with us your plans to call for a better less corrupt government.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
The husband of an Illinois congresswoman pleaded guilty Wednesday to tax violations and bank fraud for writing rubber checks and failing to collect withholding tax from an employee.
Robert Creamer, a political consultant married to four-term U.S. Rep. Jan Schakowsky, was accused of swindling nine financial institutions of at least $2.3 million while he ran a public interest group in the 1990s. Or are you going to "wait & see" ?

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 8:45 AM on Apr. 17, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I like Obama's last two scandalous picks a little better.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 9:11 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2005-08-31-congresswoman-husband_x.htm

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:46 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• He ran a public interest group and he swindeled financial institutions? This man is the epitamy of what is going in this nation. And he was doing it in the 90's? And his wife is a politician? grrrr, why does it feel like every politician be tied to someone who is corrupt.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:55 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• just more politicians getting caught with their hands in the cookie jar.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:47 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• No of course I am not okay with that kind of behavior. However, I know that it's more than just the democrats who are doing this. I could find many links proving that republicans have their fair share of corruption as well. You cannot say it's bad for one side and okay for the other...
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 10:08 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• cavalrybaby

Thanks for your reply. I agree with you. But you will never see the OP posting negative things about republicans.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:12 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• anon actually some republicans have done exactly that and it is not good from either side.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:18 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Calvary, did you goto a tea party? Funny thing, because you would have seen signs against Bush and ALL of Congress... And to top it off, there were no fights. Everyone came together with the agreement that Government Corruption and OVer spending needs to stop. Non-partisan. You are an example of someone MAKING it partisan.
    This (usa today piece) was the most recent news story of corruption in politics. Post a Repuiblican Corruption Current Event, and let's discuss... Am I responsible for posting all of the topics? Last I checked everyone was free to post a question. :o)
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:22 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• LOL. Anon, I spoke against the Republicans with all the Pork in the omnibus. Nice try. :o)
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:23 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Exactly grly alot did ...Spector,collins and Snowe we have not forgotten those names of Republicans.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:25 AM on Apr. 17, 2009