Does anyone know how to make a birdhouse out of an old guitar?

I saw a magazine with a birdhouse made from an old wooden guitar, and it was so unique and pretty. However there were no directions for it. Does anyone know how to make one? I googled it and came up with nothing. Help.

wmjsease

Asked by wmjsease at 8:55 AM on Apr. 17, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I'm the google queen, I'll find out.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:01 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Take off the strings and attach it to a tree.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:07 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• http://www.lureofcripplecreek.com/store4.htm

so far this is all i could find.......still looking....
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:12 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• hmmm....wow, NOTHING! and i just noticed you said you already googled...haha. Oh well, sounds like a great idea though! What magazine was it out of?
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:18 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• i'm still looking for you
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 2:10 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• could not find ANYTHING... but I can tell out.. pick up an old one. Be sure to put on some polyurethane to protect it against the weather. Drill a screw into the top (neck) of the guitar. Get some metal string. and wrap/tie around first screw (leave other side undone for now). Then get a dowel, and a drill. Measure the dowel, and get a screw bit that is the same size and the dowel. Drill a hole. Under the guitar hole (about an inch under the hole you want to drill). Get out the wood glue and put in it the hole and on the tip of the dowel, then hold in place until it dries. Then hang... Other than that, I don't really have any other ideas for you, sorry.

xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 2:49 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• First off if you have an old Guitar. Make sure its not Loved or valuable!! I'd love to have an old Guitar but wouldn't take A home from A Bird! Also the hole has to be way too large & open!! So it would have to be closed some! Also you would need to make it compact inside & put some Dowels for them to sit on!! It would need to be painted Well to tolerate the Weather! And mounted Safley to what ever you want to mount it to. Good Luck!!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 10:36 PM on Apr. 17, 2009