brushing teeth problems

my daughter is 17 months olds, and i brush her teeth twice a day, sometimes once if i forget.
well, she has a small spot on her tooth that looks like a cavity, and it surprised me that she even has any. is there anything i can do to get rid of it slowly? i start brushing her teeth three times a day, will that help? or would taking her to the dentist only help with that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:19 AM on Apr. 17, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• if it's a cavity, you can't undo it. But it may just be a stain. The only way you will know is to go to the dentist and find out. Better safe than sorry about it.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:01 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Take her to the dentist to have it filled, capped or whatever. There is no other way to get rid of a cavity that I know of. Then look into flouride drops(You will need a prescription), stop giving her juice (children really should only have about 4 oz of juice a day..it's bad for their teeth.) no candy, limit the sweets. Kids don't NEED them. Keep brushing, and start teaching her how to brush her own teeth, my 18 month old brushes his after I do.. it's very cute.
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 9:22 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Sometimes you may think it's a cavity and it really isn't. Just how the tooth is growing in. Call a pedi dentist and ask to be sure.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:23 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• its like a dark orange spot on her tooth. i tried to take it off, but no luck, so i assumed it was a cavity.
    after discovering that, im am definalty taking candy out of the picture. thanks
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:28 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Definitely take candy out of the picture for 17 month-old. There's no way to undo a cavity besides carving it out of a tooth (i.e. a filling)... but check with your doctor, s/he can recommend if you need to see a dentist.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• thank you all. thanks so much.
    Anonymous