Do you give out party favors for your kids birthdays?

My son will be 2 in July and I am wondering if I should get party favors for the little kids that will be there? It's hard cause the kids range in age so much and I'd hate to spend a fortune on favors for each kid. Any tips or ideas? Thank you so much!

Brennensmommy

Asked by Brennensmommy at 9:24 AM on Apr. 17, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I do, but I don't spend a fortune on them. I fill little bags with things like a bouncy ball or kicky ball and candy that is appropriate for most ages (M&M's, smarties, dum dums). My sons b'day party was football themed and I found some prepackaged brownies that were shaped like footballs and put them in. Dollar Tree had some good things or try the aisle at walmart that has little things like that. I probably spent about $2 a kid.
    AydensMom101507

Answer by AydensMom101507 at 9:55 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I THINK ITS UNNECESSARY BECAUSE YOU ALREADY PAID FOR THE FOOD AND ACTIVITY'S, BUT THEN I THINK IF YOU WOULDN'T PEOPLE WOULD THINK YOUR RUDE....GET BUBBLES THEY NOW MAKE THE NO SPILL COVERS, THERE AWESOME!
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 11:22 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• No, and I also ask that they not bring gifts, either.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 11:25 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• my mom will be helping out with my son's 1st bday party this sunday, and she wants the kids to have party favors. but they range in age! youngest will be 8 m/o, oldest is 10 years old lol so yeah I'm in the same situation. the favors need to be baby safe and fun for the older kids. but since it'll be a small group coming it probably wont be a problem getting a goody bag for the babies then for the older kids. and nothing too extreme, and not too much. i didnt answer your question very well since i'm in the situation, I'll keep watch on this question for tips myself!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 11:27 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Its not necessay but if you want to I believe the best thing that all ages would like is some candy n little party toys in a bag.Dont drain your pockets for it.I knw I was satisfied with every type of candy I got when i was younger.
    Desi2Sweet

Answer by Desi2Sweet at 11:50 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• check out orientaltrading.com you can get a lot for REALLY cheap there.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:02 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Thanks everyone!
    Brennensmommy

Answer by Brennensmommy at 12:03 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• My son just turned 1 on Tuesday and I did goodie bags for his birthday party..I went to the Dollar Tree & got a ton of stuff for cheap..like little slinkies and stuff like that along with candy. I made them in age-groups because there were a lot of kids there and I seperated them into 3 baskets so that I wouldn't get them confused! (Baby, toddler, big kids) I just think its a nice gesture and you dont have to spend a lot of money. I've never heard of asking people to not bring gifts..
    SummerLeAnn

Answer by SummerLeAnn at 1:52 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• For my daughters 2nd birthday we gave out gift bags that had a few pieces of candy and flute like whistle, bouncy balls, little bottle of bubbles and a few other things... I got it from party city and all the stuff was less than a dollar a piece.

lvnmygrlz

Answer by lvnmygrlz at 11:21 AM on Apr. 25, 2009