Endometriosis, after pregnancy?

I have struggled with endometriosis for several years (and 2 surgeries). Pregnancy takes away the symptoms, but now i'm about to have my baby. When my cycle continues, will it be back full force? I have heard so many different takes on this, from books and doctors and web searches. Do any of you have personal experience? I must say, I'm praying it lessens or completely disappears. I'm ready for a life without thaty particular agonizing pain.

mama_moonsong

Asked by mama_moonsong at 9:26 AM on Apr. 17, 2009 in Health

• I have endometriosis. After finally conceiving & carrying out the pregnancy to delivery the severity of my symptoms dramatically reduced. (THANK GOD!) My boys are now 2 y/o. Although I have my days, my symptoms have not gone back to the way they were. I feel very fortunate. Hopefully this will be the case for you too. Best wishes mama & congrats on your little one!
    twinnmom222

Answer by twinnmom222 at 9:50 AM on Apr. 17, 2009