Is it alright for her to sleep that long?

My dd is 9 months old and usually sleeps from 9-7. She wakes up twice a night and is up at 7 religiously. She usually takes two two hour naps. Yesterday she only got one two hour nap and one 30 min nap(we were out for my birthday). she went to bed at 7:45 because she was so cranky. She woke up twice last night as well but I had to wake her up at 9 this morning! She is in a relatively good mood so far. should I be worried about her sleeping this long? Also she has been having extremely wet diapers at night, even wetting the bed two nights in a row, and I havent changed anything should I be worried? She isnt dehydrated.

SabrenaLeigh

Asked by SabrenaLeigh at 9:34 AM on Apr. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No. My son is one today and goes to bed at 7:30 and sleeps until 7.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:36 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Sounds normal to me. My 11 month old takes 2 - 2 hour naps during the day. Hes in bed by 830am and is up by 830am. With the wet bed, you can try bigger diapers or a different brand. My youngest has the same problem and I'm still trying to find the right diapers for a decent price.
    azn_ladie82

Answer by azn_ladie82 at 9:49 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Try the nighttime diapers.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:51 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Enjoy the fact that she likes sleep!
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:03 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I WISH!!!!!!!! my son never slept as an infant..ugh!!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:26 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I've never heard of anyone worrying about a baby (except maybe a newborn) sleeping too much. She could be having a growth spurt, too. It also could have been that she went to bed earlier... 9:00 is a lot later than my girls went to bed as infants... Some babies sleep better going to bed earlier... maybe you're on to something putting her down before 8... I'd try it again!
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 10:43 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• nah dont worry! when babies get stimulated or had a "long day" they like sleeping in like the rest of us lol. 9 months is also a growth spurt age. my son is aaaaalmost one (this sunday!) and we recently moved to a new home. it didnt really hit him till a few days after we were all moved in and he has been a bit stressed. the other day, he was in bed around 830'ish pm and didnt wake up till 12 noon and I had to wake him up! he was in a great mood that day
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 11:11 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• lol, no she's not dehydrated.. when she wakes up with a dry diaper, then worry about dehydration.
    And the sleeping is fine. Sometimes babies need catch up sleep too. Sleeping too much is normally not an issue.. it's sleeping too little when you have to worry more. Your doing fine :). As for the extremely wet diapers at night time... my DD went through this too.. I ended up buying overnight diapers, or a size up so she wouldnt' leak. And getting up more frequently to change her.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:48 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• don't worry, that phase (the huge wet soggy diaper), doesn't last all that long.
    xxhazeldovexx

• i think she was just catching up on sleep or going through a growth spurt! sometimes my baby sleeps a lot during the day and then sleeps all night and i just say he must have grown a foot while he was sleeping! as for the diaper leaks, i would say maybe go up a size or change brands. or even try the overnight type of diapers that absorb more. she may just be drinking a lot and peeing a lot. nothing to worry about
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 12:24 PM on Apr. 17, 2009