• In the Spotlight:

Why have two computer screens??

Does anyone use two computer screens at home or work? Whatis the advantage?? Do the large screens really cost that much more than installing two separate scrrens on one computer?

science_spot

Asked by science_spot at 9:41 AM on Apr. 17, 2009 in Money & Work

• Being a programmer and a graphics designer I can relate to the neccessary reasons one could have multiple monitors. They are a time saver and a productivity push. They simplify things for those that have a need of multi tasking with 'real time' viewing of all tasks at once.

In the past I have been known to use 3 monitors at once while in a full time working enviroment when I used to work in International Trade. I get by with two now a days, but I do miss my 3rd monitor.
    PinkSodaPop

Answer by PinkSodaPop at 11:41 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• We have two. It is better than one large screen because we can have two windows open at the same time and fully open. I can do research on one screen and write a report on the other, and I dont have to switch back and forth between which page is open.
    1and1make3

Answer by 1and1make3 at 9:44 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I had one at work...I worked in a hospital and we used it a lot. It was so nice. It just makes things so much easier. I always had a lot of screens open so it's easier on a multi task type of person. I have no idea about cost though...or installing it.

Dayija

Answer by Dayija at 9:53 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I often have the laptop going as well as the desktop. some times I have a lot going on that would bog down the memory if I did it all on one (and I have a lot of memory!).
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 9:58 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• my dh has two screens at work. he works on computer software and games so he constantly has lots of things going on and with two screens he can have more than one window up fully at a time and it just makes things go faster.
    emmalouwho

Answer by emmalouwho at 10:07 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Plain and simple...

"More monitors, or even bigger single ones, accelerate productivity. " - Taken from the web: Trick Out Your PC With Multiple Monitors

PinkSodaPop

Answer by PinkSodaPop at 11:38 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Just the other night I sat down at the computer and wished I had 2 monitors, lol. I don't have a TV and like to watch DVDs on my computer at night but I also want to browse the internet or work on a scrapbook page and I can't really do both on my one monitor. I'm constantly flipping back and forth which is irritating. I wish I could watch the DVD on one monitor and work on the other. I would probably get a lot more done with 2 monitors but, alas, I can't afford even 1 new one (the one I have is all scratched up thanks to my toddler).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:44 PM on Apr. 17, 2009