Do you think they should ban children from being put in reality TV shows before they can legally give consent to it? (Ie, Jon and Kate plus 8...)

Things like Jon and Kate, and what "Octomom" wants to do - haveing their children in reality TV shows with them...

Do you think it should be made illegal or do you thinks it's OK?

(Im not sure what I think...I can see points to both sides)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:47 AM on Apr. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• To each their own. Are you going to start banning babies from being in movies? Or on prime time tv shows? Whats next, are you going to suggest we ban babies from modeling and being on packages of diapers too?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:49 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Good point anon. But it still seems kindof wrong.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:51 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• No the kids seem to love it and it could end up bettering their life later down the road... I don't see anything wrong with it as long as the kids are okay with it and not showing negative side effects. But these kids get to really see the country doing this show... so good for them.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 9:53 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• never took the time to watch the show, i have seen it acouple of times and its not my cup of tea
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:00 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• No, that's what parental consent is for.

Children are in movies, on tv, in commercials, in magazines, etc. If you ban one side of things, you would have ban ALL minors from being in show business of any form....
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 10:28 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I agree with Cavalrybaby02. It's called parental consent. Just like the forms they send home from school, or at the doctor's office. The child can't make a moral decision (or whatever you want to call it) so therefore the parent decides what goes on. No big deal. If they're parents are cool with it, go for it. I personally would NOT watch the show about Octomom if there ever were one. Jon and Kate plus 8 is cool though.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 10:30 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• No, as disgusted as I will be to see "psyco octomom" exploiting her children on TV, I think that a parent has the right to make decision with their children best interest at heart. That is their prerogative as parents, and like it or not, it needs to be respected. Having said that as viewers, we can make a conscious choice to turn the TV off, change the channel or simply sit there and take whatever crap the network feed us. We have a choice too.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 10:54 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• definitely not-that is up to their parents until they are 18.
    mrsadams08

Answer by mrsadams08 at 6:35 PM on Nov. 23, 2009