I found my 12 year old son...

He has been drawing pictures of naked girls, private parts, people doing 3 somes, ((yes guys included)) stuff I would never have imagined at his age. He draws pics of girls in bondage, some in ankle cuffs and so on. I am so worried...I have little pervert on my hands...:( HELP!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on Apr. 17, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• He had to see those things somewhere. Find out where the source was from.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:06 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• You better check your computer to make sure he's not viewing that crap.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:08 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Wow, if he can draw that good he may have a career. But at 12 where would he see these kinds of things. You wouldn't know what these things looked like unless you personally saw them. I would talk to him and maybe look into counseling to find out where its coming from. He could be extremely creative or this could be a way for him to tell you what he is seeing or being made to watch. So look into it.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 10:09 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Yeah he had to learn that somewhere. Check your pc and talk to him about it. gl
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• he probally saw it online, but it's normal for a boy that age to be interested in sex
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• The word pervert can be replaced by curious. It is normal to be curious about sex things at this age. He has being exposed to some sexual things in some way or form that wasn't appropriate for his age. I think that I would look at this as an opportunity to compliment his drawing skills as one of his interests and to investigate further where he got this images without making him guilty or dirty.

I would also use this opportunity to make sure he understands that denigration of women or forcing someone to perform sexual acts against their will is a crime. I would monitor computers and make sure there is no predator targeting your child. I would also talk with behavioral psychologist to make sure my son can put these disturbing images in an appropriate perspective. Investigate and make sure nothing else is going on with him. Make sure nobody is feeding him this images and he is safe. Most importantly don't panic and be ther
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 10:40 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Sorry I ran out of space. What I was about to say is make sure you are there for him to help him and to guide him through this growing stage where sex is of great importance to kids. Also, above all, make sure he is safe. If I remember correctly, there is an organization called angel networks, they are an organization that specializes in helping concerned parents find signs if a predator has being targeting your child. Is just an idea but don't drive yourself crazy with it, find the facts first and follow your instincts. Be safe and keep your child safe too. Good luck.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 10:45 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• You have a normal preteen, hormonal boy on your hands. It may be a pervert later or he could just be copying something he seen. I wouldn't make a huge issue of it. Just talk to him about where he got the ideas, being safe, etc. It is very normal for boys (and girls) to experiment and be curious about different things that he has seen or heard about. If you don't already have it, put parental blocks on your computer.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:43 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Does dad have a stash of porn magazines or movies somewhere? And don't say no, he probably has them hidden from you. Maybe he's watching something late at night while your sleeping. But by 13 you have to know he's curious. You need to talk to him about it. Ask him where he has seen this stuff or has someone been doing anything or showing him something. Let him know that by no means is he in trouble. Make that a point the whole time you guys are talking. I always tell my daughter that there are sick people out there and if anyone ever touches her she is to tell me. I let her know they are probably going to tell her it's our secret, I'm going to hurt ur family and I just tell her that's bullshit let me worry about that you tell me! Oh I also tell her ANYONE can do bad shit because everyone is human. I let her know it could be anyone from a family member to the police. But hopefully he's just curious and watching porn.
    AqMelo_01

Answer by AqMelo_01 at 4:34 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• First step is to find out where he's seeing that kind of stuff and put a stop to it. Next step is probably to get him some kind of professional help because those images are burned in his brain. He won't be able to get rid of them without help.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 5:47 PM on Apr. 18, 2009