• In the Spotlight:

Online Divorce works?

My husband and I have been separated for two years, but we were only married for little under a year before we split. We don't share anything any more, I pretty much take care of our daughter all by myself and he doesn't have any interest in her. I'm ready to get the divorce over with as smooth and quickly as possible and I wanted to do it online. Has anyone tried it? Did it work out? Was it fast? Was the site you went to trust worthy? Do you recommend a good vendor for online divorce?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on Apr. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• You can't get the divorce online, you can get the papers online to file in the court without the fee's from a lawyer to draw them up. You must go to court to end it as it has to be a judgement and they can't do it online. So you can find the papers at legalzoon.com and print them out then file them at your local court if you have nothing to fight over. Its called an uncontested divorce and is the cheapest, easiest way to go.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 10:11 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I was aware that I did have to file the paperwork through the courts still, but I just wondered if it had worked out well for anyone else, going this route.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• You can't do it yourself if there is a child involved. Go to Legal Aid if money is an issue

Answer by admckenzie at 11:21 AM on Apr. 17, 2009