• In the Spotlight:

Please. Can you help me? Allergies?

I'm hoping for some Back up.. Advice! Years ago I went in and always got an inhaler. It helped for Bad times! I hate Feeling Weezing & like I will sufficate!! Each year my Breathing is Worse! I'm 48. I can't see an DR, go to the ER. Etc... I'm miserable & Hope & pray an old inhaler has a needed Puff for me! DH says Go out Side, Move around Enjoy the Fresh Air.. Etc.. That may be the problem? Its tough to go without... Doesn't the outside make allergies & Breathing issues Worse? I don't do anything Bad against my Health.

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 10:10 AM on Apr. 17, 2009 in Health

• If you have allergies then yes being outside can make it worse. Are you taking an inhaler for allergies or for asthma? Why can't you go to the doctor or hospital? The hospital can not deny you and will give you what you need. If your worried about the bill once you receive it contact their billing department and ask about the income form that can either fully pay the bill or drastically lower the bill for you. You send it in with your income and they make a decision on how much if anything you will owe. Fresh air can do you good depending on the allergies.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 10:14 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I was the same way. I use to be so bad that I have a nebulizer machine. anyway my doc put me on the hightest dose of advar 2x a day, singular, and nazonex. that worked. I no longer need to use my machine. OH did I mention that before I found out I was pg I took the meds as directed, but as soon as I found out I was pg I stopped. Ethan is now 7mos old and I no longer need any of the meds. Ask your doc for a nasal steroid and see if that works and for adavar you'll be amased at your turn around. GL
    lovemybaby283

Answer by lovemybaby283 at 10:22 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Allergena is a great homeopathic allergy product - works very well. I buy mine at Whole Foods. If you don't have a Whole Foods, check any natural health food stores in your area.

http://www.progena.com/shop/en/allergena.html

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:25 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I am guessing you don't have insurance or you would go to the doctor. You need to get a rescue inhaler and they pulled all of the over the counter versions off the shelf. You can suffocate from severe asthma and it is not something to mess around with. Look up the pharmaceutical company that sells your inhaler and see if they have any options to help people who do not have insurance. You can also call you old doctor and explain that you do not have insurance, but need a refill on your inhaler. Many doctors would do this for you. Walmart, Target and others are doing $4 perscriptions on some things. You have to take care of this.
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 10:30 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• If you problem is just allergies and not asthma you can also get a Neti Pot to help clear your sinuses. And there are good over the counter medications for allergies.
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 10:32 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• If you truly want to get rid of allergies I would suggest cutting out dairy and wheat completely. These were the two biggest culprits in my asthma and allergies and since cutting them out my allergies and asthma were greatly reduced.

I have now completely eradicated my asthma/allergies and constant all-year round nose stuffiness...by also consuming lots of fruits and greens.

So, my advice is..cut out dairy and wheat. Eat lots of fruit before each meal and eat a large green salad (with spinach or some other leafy green) everyday.

I don't have to take my inhaler anywhere now and havent used it in over a year. I have quite bad asthma too. I also no longer have to have tissues on me, as I dont get a runny nose. I dont get hayfever symptoms anymore either.

I will never change back to my old ways. I truly feel free not carrying my inhaler about.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 11:30 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Thank you for your ideas... I have Like Asthma. But since I can't See anymore Doctors and haven't in years DH don't Beleive me! Though I weez.. So Bad.. I try to overcome it by Coughing to no end... I get so Severe... I can't Breath & my Passagesare Clogged! I explain it to him its like the Plugged Arteries or the Pipes in our Plumbing that close from grease. I don't know why mine close up But it Gets Severe.. We've only heated the past 3+ Seasons with A old Wood Stove. But Dh says Heat with wood or Die!! Its Tough to Be Poor & Unable to afford Meds.. I've gotten off things Cold Turkey... I wrote Lettters to the Hospital, Clinics & all my Nuerologists I saw Etc.. NO one Ever Answers or Replies Except to Threaten A Collection Agency!! I have Frequent Chronic Migraines, Hormonal imbalances that Are past Severe, Bad injuries I let Go to Heal how Ever so many Achey bones... I was Treated for Depression & Go Without Meds Too!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 12:23 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Check around your area for a clinic that screens your income and rates your bill based on that income. There are also many websites through the drug manufacturers and others that will help you get your medications, many times free of charge. Wood stove and asthma is a bad mix Mama. This is a really good website....https://www.pparx.org/Intro.php - just keep in mind that you need those prescriptions in hand before they can help you get the medicine. That's where the low-cost clinic could help - you could get the written prescriptions from them and then see about getting the medication through somewhere like this website.
    lucindamartinez

Answer by lucindamartinez at 12:31 PM on Apr. 17, 2009