How can a "Christian" deny Christ?

The monogram "IHS" — which comes from the Greek for Jesus — was covered with a triangle of black-painted plywood. Catholic League president Bill Donohue says: "The cowardice of Georgetown to stand fast on principle tells us more than we need to know... but the bigger story is the audacity of the Obama administration to ask a religious school to neuter itself before the president speaks there."

Hasn't Obama claimed to be a Christian? It's something the whole world apparently knows about him. I don't think it matters where you speak, you shouldn't have to cover up anything...don't like it, don't speak there.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,516906,00.html

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:14 AM on Apr. 17, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Beacuse he is the President, others look out for possible issues. The President himself probably did not ask for it to be removed. He is prob. unaware.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:21 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I agree with anon. But to add...this is OBVIOUSLY something people are looking to blow out of proportion and freak out over.

hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 10:27 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Well, I honestly don't care what our President's personal feelings are. I have a problem with going into an institution and imposing on them to cover their religious symbols. I don't think it's the right thing to do.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 11:01 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I agree with KellyP77. He is going to their school which he is aware a religious school. Why should they do anything? He may be president,but I am regretting it more and more. His true colors are showing. I guess we will see the truth soon enough. If I owned the school I would not invite him after that.

mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 11:32 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Im with KelleyP77. Their symbols and such shouldnt be covered up just cuz an "important" speaker or visitor is coming.

Thats just very wrong and rude to ask them to.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:33 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• How do we know it was him who requested this and not his staff?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• It does not matter who asks. I don't feel like Obama is a Christian at all. I think he is a fake.
    mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 11:41 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• How can you determine who is a Christian, mo2a7? Only God can determine what is in someones heart.
    hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 12:09 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Even if his staff requested it, its still not right.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 12:16 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Obama's claim to be a Christian was a "campaign promise".
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 12:20 PM on Apr. 17, 2009