If you're on the medical card, can you opt out of vaccines?

Just wondering if the government tries to kick you off the card if you refuse to vaccinate?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:25 AM on Apr. 17, 2009 in General Parenting

• I doubt they can
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:26 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Absolutely you can refuse vaccinations. The medical assistance is to help you, not control you. My children are on state medical insurance because they're adopted from foster care and I refuse all vaccinations. The state my be assisting, but I'M the parent, I'M the boss.
    MommyAddie

Answer by MommyAddie at 10:40 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Yes, you can. The state cannot tell you what you have to do. They are just acting as your medical carrier. You still have the choice as the parent.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:18 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Yes you can! Both my kids were on state covered medical coverage and both are vaccine free!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:30 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• You do not have to vacciate if you are on medicade. But if you have to pay a premium,( we pay 15 dollars a month for each child), you will not recive any well child points that some states offer. In Idaho, if your child is up to date on shots and well child check ups, they will wave most or all of the premium fees.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 1:45 PM on Apr. 17, 2009