How do I get diaper cream out of the carpet? I went to the bathroom and came back and now the living room carpet is covered in it! I tryed wiping it up with a cloth and warm water, just made it worse!

michealsmom2007

Asked by michealsmom2007 at 10:29 AM on Apr. 17, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Well, It is a grease base. I would try something like Dawn dish liquid b/c it's supose to cut grease. Water will just smear it around. Get a HOT bucket of water and put a lot of that soap in it and work it into the carpet.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 11:40 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I was going to say dawn dish soap too. just be sure to get it rinsed well. If you have a carpet cleande just fill it with water. something about the soap residue attracks more dirt. good luck.
    debmom07

Answer by debmom07 at 12:18 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• You could try W-D40. It was made for degreasing. Try a small spot and then see how it goes.
    QuiltLover

Answer by QuiltLover at 12:47 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Oh gosh, it is smeared everywhere isn't it. That stuff is a pain. I havn't ever had it smeared in a big spot but if i did, i would first get my carpet shampooer out and see if that works. If it doesn't i guess try the soap thing, but be careful not to use too much. You will never get the white soapy suds out. Good Luck
    Anonymous

• I'm sure something will get it out. Hubby knocked 2 bottles of nail polish on the floor, OPI has very thin bottles. A bright, dark pink one busted open, on tan carpet. We used acetone, over and over, then used the carpet cleaner. It all came up. Thank God. Try the dawn soap, and rent a carpet cleaner if you don't have one. Or you can pay someone to come clean your carpets.
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 10:53 AM on Apr. 18, 2009