why isn't he as excited as i am???

new baby on the way...my second and his third...planned, but not excited?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Apr. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My husband didn't seem super excited when we got pregnant with our first, also planned. I started crying and he was happy, but wasn't as happy as I THOUGHT he'd be ... but he does keep his emotions silent, so I guess I didn't know what I was expecting :)

Since it was planned, I'm sure he's excited but has a different way than showing it. Maybe you thought he'd react a certain way, and now since he didn't react that way you're worried. If it's an issue, talk to him about it. I would always ask my husband "Aren't you excited?". His answer was always "Yes, but I want to make sure everything is okay". I think he was worried about miscarrying, going into labor super early, baby having defects, my health, etc.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 11:35 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• most men arent until they actually see the baby . my husband wasnt showing much excitment when we got pregnant but at an ultra sound we had at about 26 weeks she looked like a baby now he is soo super excited. some men dont get excited til they actually hold their new baby
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 10:34 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• This is our first and was planned. My husband isn't a big "Yay babies!" kind of guy. I know he's happy and will be a good dad, but he just doesn't get as excited about the baby stuff as I do. He could care less about baby shopping, that's for sure.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:35 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• My DH is more a still waters run deep guy. he was excited the whole time he just didn't bounce off the walls. Maybe your guy is the same?
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 10:40 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Well, maybe my husband is completely different than anyone elses he was extremely excited about being a first time daddy!! However, I have heard that a lot of the time if the father is acting strange it is because he is nervous about the baby, nervous about the delivery (that includes being worried about you!!)...Stuff like that. Maybe talk to him about it and see what is going on?? Good luck mama and congrats!!

CarieP

Answer by CarieP at 10:49 AM on Apr. 17, 2009