is anyone here a sonogram technician???

i had some concerns about baby's pictures and the tech assured me it was fine but i wanted to know if there was anyone here i could ask a couple more questions to??

mamalinlin

Asked by mamalinlin at 10:33 AM on Apr. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i'm not a tech but what is your concern??
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 10:37 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• why would you not trust one ultrasound tech that actually saw the ultra sound but you want to try to trust some random person online?
    i would just say ok they said nothing was wrong . they did the ultra sound for you .
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• hey anonymous, haven't you ever heard of a second opinion? you haven't seen my pictures. you have no idea what i'm talking about. you're not a technician. i'm simply trying to ease my mind because i have panic disorder and OCD. and guess what? i'm not taking my medicine because it's bad for the baby. sorry for trying to do what's best for my child. once you're diagnosed with panic disorder and ocd, and you don't post your replies as anon, you can judge me.
    mamalinlin

Answer by mamalinlin at 10:41 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Ingore Anonymous. If you have concerns persue them. But I would say get 2nd opinion from a actual care provider not someone on the internet. Also keep in mind that ultrasound techs don't really read ultrasounds they just take the pictures. Radiologist review the pictures and make the final decision.
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 10:43 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I understand wanting more opinions on it. What do you think is abnormal? I'm not an ultrasound tech, but I have seen my own baby which appeared to have down syndrome and didn't make it. I know it definitely looked different from my healthy baby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• You think your baby has a cleft palette and you were wanting to know id they could really tell if they could tell in 2d image?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:48 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• if*
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:51 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• i just want to know if that's a reliable source to check for cleft palate.
    mamalinlin

Answer by mamalinlin at 10:51 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• your doctor
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Cleft palettes are usually genetic,but can be spontaneous. It's best to ask for a 3D or 4D ultrasound if you really want to see it. 2D has not always detected a cleft palette, but when a cleft lip is there it's usually pretty obvious.
    Anonymous