What household chores does your husband or SO do?

And are you a working mom or a stay-at-home mom?

I work FT and still do the majority of the things around the house and starting to wonder just how much is he getting over. We have a house so he does take care of all things 'outside' but I don't think that should excuse him from helping out inside too. For ex, I own the entire laundry process and for a household of 4, that's a lot! I also cook all the dinners, he will cook bfast on Sunday mornings; he vacuums but not on a consistent basis; I do all of the mopping, changing sheets/towels, getting the kid's clothes out everyday. He does do the dishes on nights that I cook, but if we eat out or have leftovers, I do the dishes and I monitor the bath process for the kids 5 nights of the week and he only has 2.

So how does it go in your house?

LadyEb

Asked by LadyEb at 10:46 AM on Apr. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Sunday, DH is in total charge of everything once he awakens from his downy couch. Mondays and Tuesdays, DH helps me with heavy housework and takes the kids to the park while I grocery shop. Wednesdays through Saturday, I'm the primary for everything BUT the after-dinner dishes, which DH does when he gets home. I'm a homeschooling SAHM with odd jobs that bring in about half our income.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 10:53 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• my husband does everything lol
    im not aloud to move:(
    i miss cleaning .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 10:58 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• i am a SAHM and i do the majority of the cleaning. my SO does surprise me somedays, which is nice. he works 12 hr shifts 3-4 days a week so he does try sometimes. i do the laundry and the cleaning, he takes the trash out, and usually puts the dishes up(i hate putting them up). i do all the cooking except when we are cooking on the pit. hes in charge of that.
    trelyn

Answer by trelyn at 11:01 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Hubby will do whatever I ask or leave undone. He tried to get away from combing our daughter's hair talking about "My fingers are too big to braid." I fixed that by bringing my big head mannequin doll to his lap and giving instructions to him and our oldest son for 3 twist braids and also for 2 twist braids. They learned. If they hadn't learned or try to get out of any housework, I'm notorious for going "on strike." Men will only get away with what you let them!

Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 11:07 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I am a SAHM and I do the majority of the housework. I am home alone from 7:30a-5p so really there shouldn't be anything FOR him to do when he gets home. On his days off from work he helps out around the house. He loves to mop the floors so every Sunday he sweeps and mops the floors and on his days off he cooks a big breakfast. We share making supper, it's actually a family effort and not a one person job here. Kitchen cleanup after supper is also a family effort and not a one person job. Hubby and I and the 3 teens all work together at supper time. I do ALL of the laundry, I hate for anyone to mess with my washer and dryer. Our sons take the trash out and do the yard work.

tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 11:22 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I'm a Sahm... So I take care of all the domestic duties. He's gone 4 weeks at a time so when he's home he gets his list out, that he made while gone,like fixing our vehicles,changing oil, working on the house, etc., and takes care of all it before he has to leave again... And if I have anything needing done he does that too. He doesn't just drop everything when he gets home, he puts his laundry in the laundry room, shoes by the door, and I didn't have to teach him any of it, he even puts TP on the roll when it's out and the seat down when he's finished... Oh I'm sooo blessed, lmao!!
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 11:26 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I work three days a week and am home the other two days. I try to do the cleaning on one of the two days I'm home, usually on Friday. DH is usually not home from 7am-6pm, so I do the main cooking during the week, and also the laundry. He pays the bills and deals with pretty much everything "financial". He helps A LOT with our son. Usually he plays with him when I'm cooking dinner or trying to do something.

I honestly do not mind doing a lot of the household chores. He will sometimes cook during the weekend, but does a lot of other stuff. He'll help me with the laundry sometimes, like switching loads. I'm home more than he is, so why should I expect him to do chores?

If I worked full-time, which I did before hours got cut, then that's a different story. I would still usually cook, but we would do the rest of the chores together, equally. He's a great husband. Couldn't ask for anything more.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 11:30 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I cook , clean, do the laundry. His job is the trash. I wont touch it. And he has to take them to the street on trash day. He does pick up the kids toys in the living room before bed time. He might wash the dishes once a week. i make him put up his on laundry. I pile his clothes up on the bed when they are clean. He keeps the outside up too. Like planting the grass and keeping it mowed and trim. He cleans the bathroom about once every 2 months.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 11:35 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• He does more than his fair share. He won't dust but does just about everything else. Vaccuming, pots and pans (by hand) loads/unloads the dishwasher, bathrooms (even the kid's) most all the laundry, helps the kid's change their sheets, dust mops the hard wood floors, cooks (mostly dinner), bakes cookies, cakes, lemon meringue pies~scones, crepes, waffles ~(all from scratch) does the outside work. We have 4acres about 2 are forest so lots of tree scaling and trimming, fire prevention. Maintains the vehicles, our 25ft.sailboat, cuts and harvests all our firewood and firewood for a disabled man and 3 widows ~ bathes the little ones changes diapers, combs hair (does not braid) works full time ~ whatever is on my honey-do list ~ attends Church Sun, Wed, and men's Bible study on tues night. Tucks in the boys, does their Bible reading and bedtime story(about 1hour every night) Helps out whoever calls and is in need.
    nookers

Answer by nookers at 12:32 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• nothin really he does the mess doesnt like to clean it up but i dont expect him to he works a lot and its for us so i dont mind doing it all except the trash lol
    margarita13

Answer by margarita13 at 2:42 PM on Apr. 17, 2009