Can you predict a child's personality from when they are babies?

Any stories?

AdensMommy1107

Asked by AdensMommy1107 at 10:50 AM on Apr. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• when i was pregnant with my dd she would move around in my belly alot when fast music was on & when she was a baby she'd wiggle her feet to the music, now she's 2 and 1/2 and LOVES to dance and she's a goof ball :)
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:53 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• My mom says no but I am truly interested in the question. I wonder the same thing.

Dayija

Answer by Dayija at 10:54 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Totally. Yes. My first daughter came out of me with her eyes opened wide and just had this look about her. I didn't know it, but when my friend came to see us at the hospital, she saw her and the first thing she said was, "Wow, she's going to be a little spitfire!" And from the beginning, she has given us a run for our money... She's amazing, so smart, well-behaved, but she's a live wire. My second daughter was just so cuddly and peaceful looking as a newborn.... she definitely has lots of energy now (7 months) but she uses it mostly to giggle and look lovingly at her sister.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 10:55 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• yes I think so. my baby is very laid back. he gets that from his father! and he never really fusses unless he's really hungry or getting tired (he gets that from me but of course it's also a typical baby thing lol). and he dances around all the time and is very independant. he doesnt play with other kids all the time since he's my first and we dont get many visitors, but once or twice a week we go to library storytime and playgroups and he enjoys the company of babies his age!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 11:02 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Yes, she was holding her head up when she was minutes hold. My DH was holding her right when she was born, I said something to the nurse, Kayleigh lifted her head and turned in my direction. She is a strong little girl.
    When she was 6 weeks old my mom tried taking her some where and Kayleigh screamed the whole time and she wouldn't let anyone hold her but me and DH. She is 2 years old and she still dislikes people. That's just her personality, she is not a people person at all.
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 11:42 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• lol, when I went in to find out the sex on my baby, I seen her on the screen sucking her thumb, and all I could think was "Pacifiers are going to be a hard habit to break with her".. sure enough.. she's 15 months now.. and still can't sleep without one..... She's also always loved music.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:50 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• absolutely. Do your child look around, curious about the world? Shy? hides from strangers? Cranky, always whining or wanting something? My dd is very laid back and outgoing. She will always be. I was always very shy as a child and still am. You can help mold a child, but their personality will be the same (unless unforseen outside facts such as abuse).
    Anonymous

• My son was stubborn at 38 hours to deliver and we brought him home and he started crying and has rarely stopped now still at 17 months -he totally knows what he does and doesn't want!!! He's totally undistractable and stubborn. he's so much like his father its rediculous..lol!!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:18 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• i really dont think so. i think its a persons experiences in life that make them the person they are. when they are babies they are a clean slate and have not been formed yet. i mean, i guess anything is possible but i havent really heard any stories. and actually my brother and i both started out different when we were kids than we are now, for instance, i was an outgoing child and through my experiences in school i am now a very shy introverted person.
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 12:22 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• When my oldest was first set on my chest she gave me an accusing glare - much like "what the heck did you just do to me?" and she grabbed the scissors used to cut her unbilical cord- to this day she does not like not knowing the plan. she is very calm and well mannered but if something changes in her daily routine it really messes her up and she gets upset (she is six)

My four year old just gave me this adoring look and loved to be held- she was your standard every day baby.... very easygoing as long as her basic needs are met- open to anything-she is still very cuddly and baby-like
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 4:05 PM on Apr. 17, 2009