what was your favorite?

Stuffed animal or blanky?

I had Blacky, a black teddy bear who matched a brown teddy my big brother had (browny).

At my Nana's I had a yellow monkey doll thingy, it was fuzzy, except it's hands, feet, face and ears were rubber. I used to carry her around by her white rubber shoe..or make her walk by holding her hands (like you do a toddler who's learning to walk)

Do you still have yours, have you passed them on to your little ones? Or were they lost somewhere along the way?

BisketLiss

Asked by BisketLiss at 10:56 AM on Apr. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• lol my fav when i was a kid was this little bunny rabbit me and my brother brett had matching ones because we never got to see each other. my son has it now.
    but honestly when im sick or just dont feel good i have this little white bear my husband gave about a year ago when i had the flu , if i dont feel good i cuddle it lol
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 10:57 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I had a blankie. I actually slept with it until I got married...then my husband started sleeping with it. He took it to Iraq with him when he went and it ended up getting lost with his baggage. We were both really upset about it. :(

CarieP

Answer by CarieP at 10:58 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I think my brown teddy (Teddy) is still at my parents. I will probably not pass it down because if I remember correctly, It is in pretty bad shape. I am glad you asked because now I want to go to my parents and see if I can find it. Oh the memories.
    anunderwood

Answer by anunderwood at 11:00 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I had a big Raggedy Ann doll,but my brother cut the heart out,and pulled her stuffing out,I will never forgive him for it.lol
    I think I know what monkey you are talking about,did it also have a rubber face,and a banana,you could put in its mouth,That it the one I had.
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 11:00 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• No banana you could put in it's mouth, (Though I recall having one of those kicking around when I was little too.) I should take a picture and post it..lol.

I was talking to my little sister earlier today on the phone. She told me she slept with Mousy last night because she wasn't feeling well. Mousy is a gray mouse with ears that have little hearts printed on the material, and a heart shaped nose.. I think originally Mousy held a big red heart pillow, but that got cut off for some reason. That's why I asked the question. She got Mousy when my mother threw away her favorite red dress. She was devastated, but fell right in love with Mousy, and she's taken it everywhere with her since. It got me thinking about favorite stuffed animals.

CarieP, it's sweet that your hubby started sleeping with your blankie.. shows how sensitive men can be too.. My hubby still has his teddy too. I think it's soo cute! (OP)
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 11:08 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• My husband actually still has his "teddy" from when he was little, and it has been passed down to our son...However, Nick always makes sure that Killian isn't playing too rough with it!! He says it is delicate :) Too cute.
    CarieP

Answer by CarieP at 11:12 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• What's sad is i dont remember much of my childhood :( I have no idea if i even had one of them or not. thought about a blanket for my daughter, but my cousins kids carry a blanket around and he reminds me of Linus (i think thats how its spelled) from Charlie Brown. LOL so i got her a duck. well we have 4 of them because she chews on the tail and makes them stink! haha but she had a teddy holding a blanket and i couldnt find another one to buy and i knew if we left it somewhere we were in trouble. My hubby had a duck when he was little and called it boc boc...we call her ducky...but i thought that would mean something to my hubby if she had the same kind of thing he did! But i will make sure hers goes in her keepsake box. I hate not knowing stuff about my childhood!
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 11:14 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• A very small teddy named Oatmeal.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:16 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• i will turn 30 this year and i stil have my first baby doll it is a little rough around the edges but i wouldnt get rid of it for anything
    momto3brats

Answer by momto3brats at 11:18 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• a fire burnt my stuff :(
    semiwife

Answer by semiwife at 11:23 AM on Apr. 17, 2009