What type of family do you think is ideal to adopt a baby?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Apr. 17, 2009 in Adoption

• One that would be able to provide for the baby, love it, and protect it, also raise the baby into a responsible adult.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• A person or persons that will love and care for the child..They are finacally able to raise a child. At adoption time at least.

Answer by louise2 at 11:08 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Each expectant set of parents has different criteria. If I were expecting a child I would want two parents who have been married for five or more years. Preference on the more. I would want both to be college educated and have had work experience. Even if there is a SAHM I would need to know mom has the ability to support my child should there be divorce or death of a spouse. I would want to make sure they live in a small town with lots of parks or a rural area. I would like them to love to travel and have traveled a lot with the plans to travel with this child. I would prefer a Jewish couple or Universalist Unitarian. Also parents who are environmentally conscious, love books, loves the arts, and is willing to visit and have an open relationship.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I agree with what most of Anonymous said. I would want parents who have been married for 5 years, at least. Definitely college educated, financially stable, have good jobs. I would want them to live in a great neighborhood with wonderful schools, parks, etc. It would be wonderful if they had pets, but not a criteria. I wouldn't care about religious preference ... well I guess I would, but there's only a few religions I would have issues with.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 11:22 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I would think the ideal parents to adopt, would be ones that TRULY wish to be parents, and in knowing this would adopt a child through the foster care system. For True love and wanting to be a parent, really should be for the child, one whom has NO home, NO, hope, Needs and wants only someone to love them...there are many, yet parents wishing to adopt rarely choose this path, which is the whole idea to begin with ...to offer love, security, compassion, guidance...to a child whom does not have that! Alas, adoption to those whom wish to parent, would much rather toss out thousands of dollars to purchase that chance...leaving those whom wish for a mom or/ and dad...with very little hope! Blessings..C.J.
    ceejay1

Answer by ceejay1 at 11:34 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• i think if there's lots of genuine love in the family, they have a steady/comfortable income (enough to keep a roof over their heads, tummys full, heat/air on...etc).
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 11:42 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• We have been married 14yrs and I think we are a great couple - alot of faith - trust- love and understanding that we all have our own views and experiences, but in the end it is up to the mother who is looking fir parents. What I think is the ideal couple may be different to someone else.
    dngoodwin73

Answer by dngoodwin73 at 11:48 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I think the ideal family to adopt a baby thru domestic/int'l adoption are those who have come to terms with their infertility, want to become a family, and have dedicated their current lives to doing so. They have saved for the fees, have completed all of the extensive paperwork, had all of the crimininal, social and educational clearances, conveyed what is normally a very private battle to all that they know and have educated themselves on raising children all in hopes of making a dream come true.

I think those who should foster to adopt are those who can go into it knowing that the odds are very much against them being allowed to have this child forever, but that their hearts and lives are open to defying the odds. Their first modivation would be to help someone, their second should be becoming a parent. They will know that they will likely see some really difficult times before the journey is over.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:09 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• (cont'd)
    I think that the ideal family to adopt directly through foster care are the women who obviously feel so strongly about it that they come on here and lecture about it. Their passion for this topic will allow them through the hurdles of raising a older child who in more cases than not, will have some kind learning and emotional difficulty and if they are free to adopt at a young age, a medical difficulty.

I dont think domestic adoption and foster adoption should be in the same sentence.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:14 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• to annon. above: infertility should not be a requirement. millions of kids need families internationally - and any family with love to give should consider this wonderful option for children and families.
    Anonymous