Did you....

get a epidural and your labor slowed down or even stopped?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on Apr. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• it helped mine go faster.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:08 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• when I got the epidural my sons heart rate dropped after every contraction. I think he kept bumping into the cord or something. the nurses flopped me from side to side but nothing worked so I had to get an emergency c section. after about 10 hours I was still only like 3 cm dilated, so a c section would have been necessary anyways lol
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 11:08 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• The first made it go faster. the 2nd didn't make a difference.
    MommyId

Answer by MommyId at 11:09 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• no, with my first son, i went in on a sunday morning water broke and i didnt get and epidural till monday morning and it was enough to make me relax and dialatet the rest of the way. so it helped it progress, tho, i pushed for 2 hours. without it, i pushed maybe 5 minutes with my next 2.
    trelyn

Answer by trelyn at 11:10 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• When I got mine, it went so much faster.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:17 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• When i got mine i was only at a 3cm and 30 minutes after having it i was at a 10cm... so it speed mine up a lot.... however i think thats all it did when i started pushing i still felt everything...
    mommy2b17MV

Answer by mommy2b17MV at 11:48 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• My labor was going very slow anyway...I had been up for like 2 days and was exhausted. After I got my epidural I feel asleep for about two hours and when I woke up it was time to push (I got the epidural at 4 cm). If I had not gotten my little nap the doctor didn't think I would be able to push my dd out, she didn't drop and I was overly exhausted!
    mommy2karsyn

Answer by mommy2karsyn at 12:15 PM on Apr. 17, 2009