How many have done the "steps" to help better the chances of a certain sex baby & did it work for you?

I've been reading online where you can do certain things to help better the chances of having a boy or a girl...like the sexual postion, the type of foods you eat (having a higher acid/ph level kills the x chromo sperm), and how close to ovulation you have sex (male sperm have a shorter life span)

So my question is, how many have tried this "method" and did it work for you or not?
We really want a boy bc we already have a girl...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Apr. 17, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• No I think if it did work it would take all the fun out of it. But Im not judging. I guess if you have tried and kept getting the same sex it would be so tempting.
    Nikky0803PAG

Answer by Nikky0803PAG at 11:34 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Well we wanted a boy first and a girl second so I tried the Shettles method which basically says that boy sperm swim faster and girls live longer so you time sex with your expected ovulation time. It worked for us both times. I didn't do any of the other stuff to change PH, but the theory is sound to me. The position stuff I think is a bunch of bull, but I am very scientifically minded.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 1:13 PM on Apr. 17, 2009