Does body temp get lower when your period is about to come on?

Mytemperature has been somewhat low the past week or so. I'm normally at least the average (98.) but lately it's been between 97.2-98.2 I'm actually hoping to be pregnant, but this low body temp has me thinking my period is going to come one. I've had a few pregnancy symptoms, but they could also be because of PMS as well. So does anyone have any idea why my temp would be this low?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Apr. 17, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Well, in some women there is a drop in temperature before the period because there is an estrogen surge. I read that in "Taking Charge of your Fertility" but it said that it was the day before the period starts... not a week.
    burning_woman

Answer by burning_woman at 12:31 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• op here...sorry...average should be 98.6 but you probably already know that,lol!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I'm not sure. When I'm about to have my period or ovulate I find that my temp is actually a little higher than normal.
    beautifulinlove

Answer by beautifulinlove at 12:13 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• op here..Well my period isn't due until the 23rd...but as I said before I've been having symptoms such as cramping(which lasted about 2 days), nausea, fatigue, and frequent urination. I've taken two test and they were both negative but I took them at 9 and 10 dpo.
    Anonymous