Now that your a mom....

Have you found yourself doing things you thought you wouldnt do? Or saying things you thought you would never say? Like before i became a mom, i wasnt a reckless driver, but when the light turned green it was my turn and i went. Now i make sure the other lanes of traffic are stopping before i go. And i had roadrage to no end...i still do :( but its more towards things that could happen to my DD in the car. Like i tell my hubby if someone ever hits me (not because of weather but b/c of reckless driving) they better hope the impact kills them because if it doesnt...I WILL! whether or not my child is hurt! and i used to always say i will never tell my kids that...the whole if you dont stop i will pull this car over and spank you infront of everyone! LOL and i say something similar to that! so you...

babymaddy

Asked by babymaddy at 11:36 AM on Apr. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I used to think that everything would be perfect. My kids would be perfect, I would be the perfect mom. HAHAHAHHAHA! I am the mother telling them to wipe thier mouths as we pull up to daycare so the daycare teacher doesn't see the cheese on their mouth from eating Cheetos for breakfast. I was such a control freak, not a control freak, but a perfectionist. I haved learned as a mom to pick my battles. Is it really going to matter 10 years from now, if my 2 & 4 yearold destroys the house 10 minutes after I spent hours cleaning it. HA! Being a mom has made me a better person, through and through.
    motheroftwo1203

Answer by motheroftwo1203 at 12:20 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I do the mom dance. You know the one that you seen your mom do, and it just looked so cheesy. Yep, when I'm playing with my DS I'll hold him and dance. I cut down my time to get ready to go somewhere by at LEAST a half hour because it's too much to get a baby ready on top of me taking that long.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I always said I wouldnt lie to my kids and tell them Santa, the Easter Bunny, etc was real but my daughter gets so excited over it I just cant tell her the truth...and Im the same way with drving/road rage!
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 11:40 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• actually no.
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 11:42 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• nope
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• yes, and it makes me laugh when I see people that aren't pregnant or having their first say "well I'll never do that with my kid..".
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 11:44 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Oh yeah. I never thought I would put my daughter in the color pink. I hate that color on me. I think I look like a life a giant Pepto Bismal bottle. But on her, it just looks so darn cute, I can't stop myself! And the one phrase I thought I would never have to say was "My son is a poop painter," but I have had to say it several times. lol
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 11:49 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I have eaten crow so many times since having kids that it's unreal. I find it hard to believe that there are people who have said "no" to this question.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 11:54 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Definitely....so many things it would be hard to count. I love it when people who are expecting or have extremely young children (infants) say "I would never.....fill in the blank".....let me know what really happened when the time comes. lol
    lucindamartinez

Answer by lucindamartinez at 11:58 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• maybe we say no because we didn't said "I'll never do that when I have kids" about much of anything.
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 11:58 AM on Apr. 17, 2009