Do you think it's wrong to try for another?

My first baby is four months old, and we're already trying for #2. What do you think? Are we wrong or selfish?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Apr. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• No, I don't think it's "dumb" to compare the two. I had 3 kids in just over 3 years and I've had a lot of the same issues that my cousin with twins has had. No, you don't normally CHOOSE to have twins, but using the logic that your children will somehow suffer because they don't get so many years of not having a younger sibling implies that multiples would suffer.

I think if you feel that you can financially and emotionally and physically deal with two very small children, there is nothing wrong with it. I love having my kids so close in age. There were no jealousy issues when the baby was born and they are very close friends. It's exhausting and expensive, but well worth it to me.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 12:09 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• No, then having twins would be wrong.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 11:47 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I dont think this is one of those wrong or right kind of situations. however, I personally feel that you should wait, because what happens if things go wrong and you cant give the child that you already have the attention they should get? Not only that but dr's say that you should wait atleats siix months but a year is better...and thats for your body. If you are ready then it doesnt matter what people say...like i said though i would just worry that you will not be able to give your undivied attention to the child you already have. not only that but do you really want 2 kids in diapers that young? two times the baby food, the getting ready? If it were me i would wait til your child is old enough to kind of do things for him/herself. But if you really want another now..good luck!
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 11:48 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Well to answer the first peron...you cant compair having twins to having 2 a different times! You cant really choose if you have twins or not! you can choose if you have 2 kids that close. That is just dumb to even compair the two!
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 11:49 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I am the proud mom of irish triplets.....be careful, make sure you know what you are getting into. It's not easy taking care of a baby when you are sick or uncomfortable or tired from pregnancy. I love all my children very deeply, but if I had it my way they would have been born a little further apart. It's expensive to buy three different diapers and it took attention off the first baby a lot. I'm just speaking from experience, don't jump into anything until you are absolutely positive this is what you want. It's not easy....
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 11:49 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• haha thanks silvertears!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• i dont think its wrong at all, as long as you know you're prepared for it. my motto for life "Do whatever makes you happy, as long as it doesn't harm others."
    mama_moonsong

Answer by mama_moonsong at 11:52 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• If it's what you want to do, go for it. My sons are 22, 21, 18 and 17. There's 16 1/2 mos. in between the 1st 2 and almost 16 mos. in between the last 2 and we lost a baby in between the 2nd and 3rd. had she been born on time she would have been born when my 2nd son was 20 mos. old and my oldest would have been a couple weeks shy of his 3rd bday. I am glad I had my children close together and so are they.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 11:55 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Its your body hun you know it better then me, but i do have older sisters that are the same age for like 4 months and they get along great but if you want that go for it but you will more diapers to go threw
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• why do you care what strangers think aboutit?
    Anonymous