If you consider yourself a Christian?

If you consider yourself a Christian. Who do you really try to please with your actions, and beliefs? You know what God is against,and dislikes. Are you really trying to please God? Or are you trying to please other people and yourself more?
I have been wondering this since I had first came on CM. Seems there are a lot of people who would rather please people and themselves. Than to please God. If you unaware on how to please God then you would learn better by asking dedicated Christians or reading your bible.

mo2a27

Asked by mo2a27 at 11:58 AM on Apr. 17, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

Level 1 (-6 Credits)
  • I just want to say, that if there are any Christians that are taking this personally and becoming offended, don't do that to yourself. Ask the Lord if there is anything in your life that He is not pleased with. If the Holy Spirit shows you something, then you have an answer. God is very gentle when He convicts us. If He doesn't show you something, then you are fine.

But I think the point of this post is not to judge each other but to stir us up. That we would continue to be salt and light. That we would make sure to consider if we are pleasing/glorifying God. Or if we have been sidetracked into compromising what the word of God teaches because our own selfishness or desires for acceptance and respect.

Let us all be charged up. Let us all be dedicated servants of the MOST HIGH GOD!!! I think that is the main point of the post.

: )
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 12:37 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• i'm not here to please people... i want to be good with GOD :)
    Anonymous

• God is pleased with me no matter what. God never judges or dislikes.
    Anonymous

• Not all Christians are going to be like you.
    There are too many interpretations of the bible, too many denominations.

Some would even call the bible a lie.

Practice your form of Christianity and take pleasure in the fact that you are "saved." Leave everyone else alone.
    Anonymous

• The whole point of the religious section to my understanding is to share beliefs and ask questions. When there is a mom who makes a false comment about biblical standards I do believe that as a Christians it stands to be corrected. Now on the other hand another mom may talk about their sacred book or whatever, I feel no need to comment since I do not follow that book anyway. But when it comes down to false accusations on what I stand on yes I will comment. I do not think God will be pleased if we get cowardly with responses under the name Christianity. Christians should not be ashamed or afraid of what they know to be true. I also do not believed God would be pleased if we playdown what we know so no one would get offended so we can stay on their "good side". Jesus didn't so why should we? Jesus was a heaven or hell preacher but he did do it in love without compromising.

mommiejay453

Answer by mommiejay453 at 12:10 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Well, if I try to behave in a way that is pleasing to God, then I can't help but be pleasing to others. They go hand-in-hand and that doesn't make me a hypocrit or 2-faced. I am not putting on airs or trying to impress. I truly believe he gave us some basics to live by. If we follow those 10 instructions, He is pleased, but so are people.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 12:19 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• You know, God was really speaking to me about this yesterday. My priority needs to be pleasing God. I need to do what He wants and say what He wants. I need to be nice, but honest. I totally agree with MommieJay, as Christians we need to contend for the faith, when someone is saying something that falsly attacks the Lord.

But yesterday, something happened here and I got really frustrated (it turned out to be dumb). But God spoke to my heart and said, "you are more upset that someone is insulting you than you were when people were insulting Me." It is true, I was wrong. I need to worry about glorifying God, to defending myself.

I need the Holy Spirit to guide me, so I don't let anything distract from the message of God's love to everyone. Plus it is ridiculous to get upset about anything on here. Paul used to kill Christians, but God saved him. I can't change anyone, but God can change ANYONE : )
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 12:34 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• As Christians we should not be offensive, but the message of the cross itself will offend people. If people hated Jesus, they will hate us. A servant is not greater than his master. All who live godly lives will suffer persecution.

It is okay to be ostracized for our faith. But we should be careful to make sure that we are not being ostracized because we are jerks!!! haha
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 12:39 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• No you should want to please God before anyone else. God always comes first in everything. At least he should. If he doesn't then maybe you are not as Christian as you like to believe. Too many Christians are actually not Christians.
    " Don't live carelessly and unthinkingly,make sure you understand what God wants."
    Ephesians 5:17
    " There are many who prove to be enemies of the cross of Christ...All they think about is this life on earth. But we are citizens of heaven,where the Lord Jesus Christ lives."
    Philippians 3:18-20
    mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 12:41 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I try to do everything to God's glory. God comes first, then my husband, then myself, then children, then everyone else.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 12:46 PM on Apr. 17, 2009