I am almost 14 weeks pregnant, i think my 2 yr old has chicken pox.. i have had them 2 times already.. but can this still hurt the baby

JrsMommy07

Asked by JrsMommy07 at 12:08 PM on Apr. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I'm pretty sure you are fine since you have already had them, I think it is only a problem when the pregnant mom does not already have the antibodies to them. One quick call to the Dr. will confirm for you that it is okay :-)
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 12:56 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• idk ... id think your baby would be fine , but id call your dr just to be safe.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 12:11 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• You need to call your doctor. The Herpes virus (which Chickenpox is a simplex of) can be harmful during pregnancy. Even if you've had it twice before, if this is a strain you haven't gained an immunity to, you could become infected.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 12:13 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• You should call your doctor and make sure. My mom got the chicken pox, (I gave them to her, oops) when she was 9 months pregnant with my brother.
    musikdoll

Answer by musikdoll at 12:15 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• No, you're fine
    Anonymous

• I know that when a baby is one or so they get the chicken pox vaccine and my dd cant have it because it is a live vaccine and I am pregnant. I would talk to your doctor for more info
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 1:05 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• p.s. and I have had them before too, it doesnt matter though
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 1:06 PM on Apr. 17, 2009