Forgive and forget 0r..............

When someone has done you wrong or betrayed you do you forgive and forget or do you hold a grudge? Also do you forgive people easily?

Deidra08

Asked by Deidra08 at 12:37 PM on Apr. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• forgiveness is for you not for them. Grudges can cause you problems plus it means you have given them too much power over your life. It means you spend so much time thinking about them and getting even that you cheat yourself out of enjoying life. It happened. It's over. You don't have to forget but letting it go frees you up to enjoy your life. It's your decision.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:31 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• It depends on what they did. I do have a hard time fogiving people and I tend to hold grudges too.
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 12:40 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I used to... I got hurt way too many times. I will forgive still but I will NEVER forget again. Chances are the other person has not... might as well be careful!
    CooksWife

Answer by CooksWife at 12:42 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• It kinda depends on what it is and how what they did affected me, my family or my friends. Right now I am trying to find it within myself, not to forget, but to forgive someone for stealing 400.00 from me... Its not easy.... but im trying. i hate holding grudges.... but you live and learn... ill never trust them again, but its easier to find peace and happiness within myself when i let go of the anger....
    trystons_mommy

Answer by trystons_mommy at 12:43 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I'm known for holding grudges, I'm still mad at my husband for something 4 years ago, most of the time I forget instead of forgive, then I remember what It was and get mad all over again. lol
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 1:09 PM on Apr. 17, 2009