Early menopause at 24?

My daughter was born in november of last year, and I have been bleeding for five months. I was blood clotting severely vaginally after my 6 wk check-up, and one of the times I was in the hospital for that they gave me the depo shot. It slowed down the bleeding and stopped me from blood clotting-thank god! It is now April, and I am still bleeding. I am about to get another shot on Monday, and I am also on this pill called VAGIFEM- it's an estrogen pill- and i have been through almost 2 boxes and it is NOT WORKING. any ideas, or has anone experience this before? My mood swings are everywhere, i get hot and cold flashes, night sweats.. ugh. I truely feel like I am in early menopause. It's driving me crazy and its so frustrating so if anyone can give me some advice it would be great!

NSeni

Asked by NSeni at 12:43 PM on Apr. 17, 2009 in Health

• Good that you are going to the doctor. Write down everything happening to you and what you are feeling and any questions you might think of for the doc. If they do not respond, you certainly have the right to a second opinion.

About early menopause... My mom and grandmom began early around their mid 30's. When I hit my mids I made some diet changes and being informed helps so very much. I don't suffer like my mom did. My mom suffered alot because her husband (yup my dad) and some family told her it was all in her head. She didn't quit and got help.
    Good luck and feel better soon!
    saltycoqui

Answer by saltycoqui at 2:02 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I have experianced something similar. They put me on birth control to try and stop the bleeding but after three months My dr sent me to get some test done i came to find out i had an ovarian cist twisting my tubes that was causing my eggs to drop and making me bleed severly. I recomend you talk to your dr, and if they brush it off it a second opinion
    springaponte

Answer by springaponte at 1:35 PM on Apr. 17, 2009