Did you ever leave your sleeping toddler in the house alone?

So I dropped my daughter off to school this morning and was going by my former coworker's house to pick up my outfit she borrowed. I knock on the door and her 3 year old answers the door. I asked where is your mama and he tells me she took his daddy to work. Well he works around the corner at AutoZone so I was expecting her any minute. She comes waltzing in the door with a mean look on her face and at the baby. I asked her what the hell? and she says he was sleep! Hell I wasn't gone for but a minute. Anyway we exchanged a few words and went on bout our business. I remembering doing this with my 8 year old one time and that was when I walked down our long dirtroad to the mailbox.

diamondmamma

Asked by diamondmamma at 12:46 PM on Apr. 17, 2009 in General Parenting

• hell no i would not do that
    nakita72

Answer by nakita72 at 12:47 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• She we would in a heap of trouble with CPS!
    Anonymous

• i would never do that ... not even once ... not unless they were like 15 ...
    Anonymous

• No, never. Way too risky and dangerous!
    LadyEb

Answer by LadyEb at 12:48 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• oops

She would be in a heap of trouble with CPS!
    Anonymous

• an eight year old and a three year old are two different things and no i would never do that what a crazy bitch and i hope those were some of the words you exchanged with her "crazy bitch"
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 12:49 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• leaving an 8 yr old to get the mail is different than driving away and leaving a 3 yr old. a few minutes alone with no parent around is all it takes for the baby to get hurt, scared and confused. only time i've leave my almost-1 yr old son in the house is like right now. he's napping in his crib and I'm sitting on the porch outside on the computer to relax and get some fresh air.
    Anonymous

• I have never left the property while they were asleep alone... But I've been known to do yard work or something... I always have the monitor so I can hear them. But most the time if I leave while they are asleep it's just to grab the mail which is like 2 car lengths from my door... 1min or less... But to leave them like that? NO... when I worked midnights my hubby used to have to get up at 3am to come and get me... And he would have to wake the baby to do it. We only lived like 2 blocks from my work but I still wouldn't let him leave my son. My mom used to get mad because we wouldn't just leave him... She said it was wrong to make him get up and dressed just because I have to work...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:50 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• jody of course I didn't call her a crazy bitch..lol. I told her something more scarier than that. I said what if it wasn't me that came knocking on your door. She kept telling me the job was round the corner and this and that.
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 12:51 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I have to admit I did it once but I was crazy with worry and now I realize how dumb that was. I will never do it again!
    Anonymous