When should I start stage 2 foods?

Howdy y'all!! How we doin'? My DD is almost 6 months old (yay) and she's eating stage 1 foods. LOVES her squash, greenbeans, pears, applesause, sweet potatoes, and totally digs her oatmeal! She likes her oatmeal thick, and when she's holding something, she puts it in her mouth and tries to eat it. It's SO cute! he he he!! So, anyway, she's teething (I think) because she's drooling a lot and if she had teeth, that little tongue of hers would be gnawed off! ha ha ha!! Anyway, any tips you can give me would be great. Also, how much food should she be getting? She gets oatmeal in the morning with a bottle, fruit in the afternoon with a bottle, and a veggie and fruit at night with a bottle. She also gets some juice during the day to help with constipation...

Lillysmomma1024

Asked by Lillysmomma1024 at 12:47 PM on Apr. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We never did stage 1. Stage 2 is more cost effective, larger jars and has combinations. Other than that, there is no difference.

She shouldn't be getting enough food to where it's replacing whatever you're putting in her bottle (formula or breast milk) THAT is her first source of nutrition. If her liquid consumption drops markedly, cut back on her baby food.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 1:16 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• sounds about right, Stage 2 is really just bigger jars, so when she starts acting like she wants more for lunch or dinner, move up to stage 2. Stage 3 you start when their teeth come in, and they are starting to chew. Gerber puffs are great for snacks too when they get their teeth in.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:20 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Her formula (tried to breast feed, didn't happen) consumption hasn't decreased at all. In fact, I think it's increased! LOL...she only eats 6 oz at the most. I've tried giving her more, she just doesn't want it! Ok, so After we're done with all the stage 1 foods, I'll move her up to the stage 2. Thanks for your help, ladies!
    Lillysmomma1024

Answer by Lillysmomma1024 at 2:18 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• stage 2 foods are more cost effective (They have the same ingredients as stage 1 foods they are just bigger jars) anyways my daughter is going to be 7 months on the 20th and she eats stage 3 foods. Just as long as you give her the same food for 3 days to make sure they dont have a reaction you can give your baby what your baby wants.. Just trust your judgement.. all jar food basically has the same ingredients.. I would wait on the meats though until about 7 or 8 months
    casper4991

Answer by casper4991 at 11:42 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I fed RJ BeachNut and found this on there website that I followed. There is a lot of info there. I am sure it would work with any brand. Here is the web site link

http://www.beechnut.com/Feeding%20by%20Age/index.asp
    ihscoutlover

Answer by ihscoutlover at 8:52 AM on Apr. 18, 2009