Stomach Flu?

My almost 2 and 4 year olds puked about 3 times Wednesday night (8pm-4 am) but had no fever or any other symptoms. Thursday they ate and drank, but were a little more tired then usual (they didn't sleep much in between puking over night though). Thursday night they both puked again about 3 am and both have terrible diarrhea today, ,but are eating and drinking just fine. This is not what I would expect of stomach flu. Any one else have anything like this?

aeneva

Asked by aeneva at 1:10 PM on Apr. 17, 2009 in Kids' Health

• I ditto the mommy above. Sounds like a tummy bug. They are going around. Use Pedialyte, and the BRAT method=Bananas, Rice, Applesauce, and Toast to combat it and keep fluids/food in. Also you can give them yogurt with live cultures. Hope they feel better soon.
    LuvOurFamily

Answer by LuvOurFamily at 9:10 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Yep, stomach flu. They both have it is one sign and also it follows with the diarrhea which is the end of it. My kids had it too (short lived version). You're fine.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 3:06 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• We just had that too. The only thing different is they had terrible gas pains. But it was quick.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 1:10 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• They could have a stomach virus. My son has to be VERY sick to act sick. Otherwise he just acts pretty normal, although he is less obnoxious.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:50 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• My DD had this early this year, she continued to nurse in demand and I kept extra bedding on hand.
    hillmom

Answer by hillmom at 4:58 PM on Apr. 20, 2009