Maybe i ask too much

I wonder lately if i expect too much from my husband. is it really too much to put ur shoes away? is it too much to put ur dirty clothes in the hamper? is it too much to expect u to help take care of OUR children? and finally is it too much to ask that when u use something put it back where u got it after u r done?

mommyjalomos

Asked by mommyjalomos at 1:21 PM on Apr. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• My husband would leave his shoes in the middle of the floor, and when I was pregnant and had to get up in the middle of the night to pee, I'd trip over them. I got tired of it, and threw them outside into the yard. He got mad and asked me why, so I said, "I'm tired of tripping over them. One of these nights I'm going to fall, and I'd rather not risk hurting me or the baby, so either keep them out of the middle of the floor or you'll be looking for them outside all the time. I may be your wife but I'm not your maid. Help me out here." His shoes have never been left in the middle of the floor again.
    As for the laundry, if it's not in the hamper, I don't wash it. That simple. He asked why and I said again, "I'm not your maid. You live here too, and have responsibilities too. I'll wash your clothes, but help me out and put them where they belong. If they're in the hamper, I'll wash 'em. If not, too bad."
    debra_benge

Answer by debra_benge at 1:42 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• i have the same problem!
    Anonymous

• I'm going to guess that your husband thinks it is! lol

Answer by admckenzie at 1:29 PM on Apr. 17, 2009