Ultrasound due date

I was given a date based off of ultrasound not LMP so do I count back 38 weeks or 40 weeks from due date to determine when conception may have occured?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:35 PM on Apr. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yes...ultrasounds are more accurate...
    dilemma1

Answer by dilemma1 at 1:38 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• i would count back 40 weeks either way your not gonna know the exact minute you got pregnant
    dilemma1

Answer by dilemma1 at 1:39 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• but i thought it was 266 days from conception to your due date? not 280?
    Anonymous

• You count back 38 weeks from your due date. And your due date is an ESTIMATE...if you slept with two people in close proximity, you will not know for sure.
    Anonymous

• When I want t get my ultasounds to see hw everything was she told me that I was a week offf and I'm due 9~4~09 but when I ask my doctor he tld me he called her and told her to stop telling ppl that they are a week more or the date is not right. So you should talk to your doctor and see what he say about it
    Mz.PhatPhat

Answer by Mz.PhatPhat at 1:50 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• ok i slept with someone august 4th and august 23rd. i had a period august 18th. my due date is may 16th. is there any way to tell if i got pregnant the 4th or the 23rd? ;\
    Anonymous

• umm the 23rd one. if you got a period after you had sex with the first one then your oviously not pregnant by them!
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 2:15 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• you should always go by the first ultra sound for the date, and dont let a doctor tell you that your due date has changed. they are going by the size of the baby on the ulta sound... a baby can grow at different speeds, he or she can be under weight or over.. They told me 6 different due dates due to the fact that my baby was small.
    babylove011209

Answer by babylove011209 at 2:37 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• ur due date is May 16th, mine is the same as yours. date of aug 23rd or 24th conception edd of may 17th. GL I cant wait it is coming soon:)
    newmommy61207

Answer by newmommy61207 at 10:07 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• thanks. mine will actually be here may 6th (scheduled csection) GL to you too :) :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:01 AM on Apr. 18, 2009